View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Team Practice, Sunday, Sept. 13

Rate this Entry
by , September 13th, 2009 at 12:39 PM (1066 Views)
Swam with Mason today. I really liked the workout:

Warm up:

500 swim
200 kick
200 IM drill
100 fly drills
100 scull

I skipped the pulling and did:

6 x 50 kick w/fins @ :45

Main sets:

12 x 25 @ :40 w/fins
3 fast UW + 1 EZ

Went 10s. Slammed my hand on the first one. I have to start decelerating before the flags on these.

6 x 75 @ 1:15
2 of each stroke, used fins

I didn't pay too much attention to my times on these, though I was working them fairly hard. My flys were 42s. I thought my last free was 38, but that seems pretty quick.

100 EZ

4 x 150 kick @ 2:45 (no fins)

I kicked backstroke and went 2:11s or so on all of them.

50 EZ

4 x 150 stroke @ 2:20

I did backstroke w/fins and went approx. 1:42, 1:43, 1:44, 1:44. I was pacing with Brad who was swimming free. He dropped me like a bad habit on the last one.

250 EZ

Total: 3800

Chatted in and out of hottub.

Heading to the tri store with Mr. Fort today to buy him some warm bike gear for the tri. Probably just do RC work later.

Submit "Team Practice, Sunday, Sept. 13" to Digg Submit "Team Practice, Sunday, Sept. 13" to del.icio.us Submit "Team Practice, Sunday, Sept. 13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Team Practice, Sunday, Sept. 13" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

A no-fin kicking set??? And done very well, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    A no-fin kicking set??? And done very well, too.
    lol! I actually kick backstroke without fins pretty often. Seemed like a pretty decent pace for me.

I could stand to kick fly without fins more often though ... Which only reminds me that I haven't used my MF in a long time!
    nice work out does it hurt to be dropped so bad, least you got to wear fins
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    nice work out does it hurt to be dropped so bad, least you got to wear fins
    Nah, I didn't mind. I had worked hard the whole practice. Brad is super fast -- national champ in the 800 free.