View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Meet Entries

Rate this Entry
by , September 15th, 2009 at 09:39 PM (1342 Views)
Fall Ball & Sprint Classic:

Remembered to enter the Fall Ball online tonight at the last minute. I wasn't crazy about the order of events, and there are no stroke 50s or 100 IM. I entered:

200 back
100 back
100 free
200 IM

I won't swim both the 100 free and 200 IM. I'll just see what I feel like swimming once I'm there. The 200 IM I swam last year was the most painful thing ever, so it will probably be the 100 free (if I'm not gassed after the backstroke events). There are unofficial stroke relays there as well that sound pretty fun. Haven't done one of those since I was a kid.

I think for the Sprint Classic I'm going to swim the four 50s and the four 25s. I'd like to swim the 100 fly before the end of the year, but I swam that last year at the Classic and I have a yen to do the quad 50s. The 100 fly is right between the 50 back and 50 breast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The procedure went fine today. No ulcers. I was a little foolish to think I was going to work out today though ... I took a 3 hour nap instead and was kinda groggy the rest of the day. Back at it tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone ever tried this recovery drink?

www.go-energy-recovery.com

Submit "Meet Entries" to Digg Submit "Meet Entries" to del.icio.us Submit "Meet Entries" to StumbleUpon Submit "Meet Entries" to Google

Updated September 16th, 2009 at 09:55 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Masters Swim Meets / Events

Comments

The true sprinter's line-up is for the Classic is: the 4 50s, the 100 IM, and the 4 25s.

Of course, the phrase "sprinter's line-up" is an oxymoron...a real sprinter would skip the preliminaries and rest up for the main event (ie, the 25s)...
    Good job on the nap Fort!
    Have a great swim todaY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    The true sprinter's line-up for the Classic is: the 4 50s, the 100 IM, and the 4 25s.

Of course, the phrase "sprinter's line-up" is an oxymoron...a real sprinter would skip the preliminaries and rest up for the main event (ie, the 25s)...
    Except (as you note) a true "sprinter lineup" wouldn't include 9 events!

Love it - "the preliminaries," i.e., the whole meet. If Petra swims the "main event," it could be rather boring this year! So I have to amuse myself with other events.
    Updated September 16th, 2009 at 09:55 AM by The Fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Good job on the nap Fort!
    Have a great swim todaY!
    First afternoon nap since law school, I think! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Except (as you note) a true "sprinter lineup" wouldn't include 9 events!
    Calling a 25 an "event" is really stretching it. The 200 fly or 400 IM is an event. A 25 is an eyeblink.
    Calling a 25 an "event" is really stretching it. The 200 fly or 400 IM is an event. A 25 is an eyeblink.
    You mid D types are such snobs!

Eyeblinks are fun. No sane person would say that about your preferred "events."

I'm going to bug Tim to add a 25 underwater dolphin kick one year. If, as some say, it's the 5th stroke (I naturally consider it the fourth), it really should be added to the "main event"!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You mid D types are such snobs!

Eyeblinks are fun. No sane person would say that about your preferred "events."

I'm going to bug Tim to add a 25 underwater dolphin kick one year. If, as some say, it's the 5th stroke (I naturally consider it the fourth), it really should be added to the "main event"!
    25 underwater would be great!

Mid-distance swimmers can do everything well. It is unfortunate that other (jealous) people equate this with snobbery.
    Mid-distance swimmers can do everything well.
    You're the only one I know that can SDK well ... :P

In reality, though, I am sometimes jealous. But you can only fight mother nature so much. And, in my case, more swimming yardage would = more injury.