View RSS Feed

Swim like an Orca, but faster !

lead then followed

Rate this Entry
by , September 16th, 2009 at 05:20 AM (452 Views)
AQUM - coach Janine

Warm 200FR, 50K, 200FR, 50 fly kick
Main
10x100 1:30 (Did 9, all EZ holding 1:20/21)
4x300 IM done as;
75 Fly,75 Back,75 BR,75 FR on 1:30
150 cool down

I lost count on the 10x100's, honestly, I was doing them as easy as I could without losing speed and just trying to hold 1:20 I could have gone faster, but I needed to focus on torque and feel. I lead the lane on the FR, but followed in the 75's, as my BK and BR are still developing.
Last week I did a lot of fly, every day there was at least 300+ of fly swim... My coach is getting me to breath earlier on fly and its causing me to inhale a lot of water; since my face is breaking out of the water sooner, I'm trying to take the breath as water is still draining. Yet its faster and I seem to reach the wall quicker.....Also I realized its not so easy to try to change from one in/one out to one in/ two out pattern. I just want to get a little more air so I can eventually complete like a 2x100 fly . I certainly like the feeling when I give my lane "mates" a good head start and I still catch them on fly, only to lose the edge on BK and BR ...Still, I let the little things break me out of the full cycle of the fly and drop into a one arm fly, like possible arm collision, feet suddenly appearing in front of me, arms falling off , getting arm caught in the lane line, having to cough up excess water...

Submit "lead then followed" to Digg Submit "lead then followed" to del.icio.us Submit "lead then followed" to StumbleUpon Submit "lead then followed" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments