View RSS Feed

nyswimmer

Planning the Season

Rate this Entry
by , September 21st, 2009 at 11:50 PM (1152 Views)
Well, I just got back from tonight's workout, which -- since I'm unattached -- begins when I show up and ends when I leave. My coach (me) gave the team (me)an easy workout tonight (which I won't post here, because then everyone will know just how lazy I really am).

Anyway, my coach and I now planning this year's meets (in other words, I'm obsessing about it and talking to myself). The Metro LMSC website already has a pretty full schedule posted -- really early in the season. We've already got two meets at the Flushing Meadow Park Aquatic Center (possibly including SCM Zones) and three at the Eisenhower Park Aquatic Center. Plus a few at local college pools.

I'll definitely be making it my business to do SCM Zones -- in fact, I really have no excuse since it's just a 20 minute subway ride from me -- along with at least the other FM meet (in March) and the Eisenhower meets. I'm glad we have so many scheduled. It should make for my only being able to do two meets last year, because of back trouble. Anyway, I'm sure no one else cares, but I just wanted to commit myself in writing.

Submit "Planning the Season" to Digg Submit "Planning the Season" to del.icio.us Submit "Planning the Season" to StumbleUpon Submit "Planning the Season" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Can you keep us eastern blockers posted on the status of SCM Zones and that pool in Flushing Meadow? Do you stay in Manhattan and take the subway out there to the pool?

You sound like you have a good coach!
    I care!
    When I see others doing things it gets me up off my duff and into action!
    Also I sometimes question my sanity and motives when I travel to meets. Reading about others lets me know that maybe ??I am normal in some way.
    I live in Manhattan. All I really know about SCM Zones, at this point, is that it's on the Metro website, which I assume is correct.
    Bobinator, you are normal in just about every way, beginning with the fact that you frown on eating pugs.