View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Some people suck! Friday, Sept. 25

Rate this Entry
by , September 25th, 2009 at 05:33 PM (2104 Views)
As I was running around like a maniacal nut job today, someone bashed my car. I was in some store or another, and he/she didn't leave a note. It was on the passenger side, so I didn't even notice it until I got home. What a freaking hassle ... between that and my iphone theft and other stuff, I'm having a streak of bad luck. Argh!

Before I knew of this mess, I went to my gym and did the following:

Swim/SCM/Solo:

Warm up:

750 variety swim, kick, drill

Other sets:

9 x (25 UW shooter, no fins + 25 EZ)
3 belly, 3 side, 3 back

50 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP free + 50 EZ)

200 EZ

Total: 1675 meters

Sit in hottub and steam room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

I don't feel as tired today. My right calf is still twingey, but much better from the rest it got this week from weights/run/mega-finning.

This is the first meet in a long time that I view as purely a training meet. I have no real expectations for my times. Just going to see where I'm at (with not much sprint work lately) and have fun. Then, Sunday, I will take the day off to attend the Roddin-Oplinger nuptials. Monday, back to the sprinting grindstone.

SCY Top Ten:

She Puff alerted me that TT final times were out. Here's a comparison for me of 2008 and 2009:

2008:

50 free, 10th, 25.99
50 back, 5th, 29.34
100 back, 7th, 1:04.76
50 fly, 6th, 27.67
100 fy, 8th, 1:04.25
100 IM, 10th, 1:06.84

2009:

50 free, 4th, 24.94
50 back, 2nd, 27.90
100 back, 6th, 1:02.84
200 back, 8th, 2:22.36
50 fly, 4th, 27.06
100 fly, 3rd, 1:01.33
100 IM, 7th, 1:04.11

So relatively better this year. Mary Beth Windrath, as promised, got my split request in after I sent her the documentation. No thanks to the Dixie Zone officials, Geekity!

Submit "Some people suck!  Friday, Sept. 25" to Digg Submit "Some people suck!  Friday, Sept. 25" to del.icio.us Submit "Some people suck!  Friday, Sept. 25" to StumbleUpon Submit "Some people suck!  Friday, Sept. 25" to Google

Updated September 25th, 2009 at 06:16 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

EXCELLENT TT & time improvement.

I used that phrase, "people suck" just the other day with my wife on a completely different situation. We're fostering a recuperating dog from the animal shelter. When my wife had the vet looking him over, the vet pointed out the BBs that were lodged under his skin, explaining that people often shoot at strays. I'm often amazed at the wondrous things people can do, then taken to despair with how sucky they can be. I've also had the car dent/scraping experience and felt as as you.

Glad you're swimming's recovering from the Savageman.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwbrundage
    I used that phrase, "people suck" just the other day with my wife on a completely different situation. We're fostering a recuperating dog from the animal shelter. When my wife had the vet looking him over, the vet pointed out the BBs that were lodged under his skin, explaining that people often shoot at strays. I'm often amazed at the wondrous things people can do, then taken to despair with how sucky they can be. I've also had the car dent/scraping experience and felt as as you.
    That's awful about the dog!

And didn't we both also get rear ended on the same day recently? Jeez!

8-9 years ago I rear ended someone (gently) in a parking lot. I left a damn note. Seriously, the deductible and the amount of damage is significant. I'll probably take an insurance hit for this.
    Excellent job on your TT improvement! People do suck! Take all the anger on your swimming tomorrow!!!!
    Updated September 25th, 2009 at 07:33 PM by tjrpatt
    Very inspirational. It's nice to keep doing that year after year.

Sorry about your car...and that poor dog. Instant karma goes around sooner or later.
    Whoever hit and ran on your car is bound to get theirs...and woe to the ******* who did that to a poor animal.

Have fun at your meet.
    Thanks Quick and Tom. This was a good year for me. Not sure how much I can keep bumping the times down. I have a notion that this year I'll be looking forward to aging up!

Hope you're right about the karma, Quick!
    Bummer about your ar Fort. The jerks most likely didn't have insurance. I wish some people would grow up and get some responsibility and respect for others!

Congrats on your tt times! You had a very impressive year indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Bummer about your ar Fort. The jerks most likely didn't have insurance. I wish some people would grow up and get some responsibility and respect for others!
    Thx, Bob. It seriously ruined my evening, and made for a crabby hubby.

I bet the offenders just didn't want to be hassled, so just didn't bother to do the right thing. Very frustrating.
    Jeez Fort, you are fast. You back times are faster than mine

Sorry about the car.
    Nice job on your improvements.

I couldn't help but notice the following:

50 fly: 4th
    100 fly: 3rd

Based on this progression, it doesn't take a trained statistician to realize that you ought to race the 200 fly! (In fact, the 100 fly was your 2nd-best overall place.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson

Based on this progression, it doesn't take a trained statistician to realize that you ought to race the 200 fly! (In fact, the 100 fly was your 2nd-best overall place.)
    LOL, I think there is another statistical relationship worth mentioning here, the inverse relationship between fly distance and IQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    LOL, I think there is another statistical relationship worth mentioning here, the inverse relationship between fly distance and IQ.
    No arguments from me. But my heart is pure...!
    Jeez Fort, you are fast. You back times are faster than mine

Sorry about the car.
    Technology () + Q/Jazz coaching!

I really feel like this was a breakthrough year for me. As I said, though, I think I'll look forward to aging up after posting these times ...

I know! First time ever. I was very surprised by my time at Auburn b/c it was a very significant drop (3 seconds) from Austin. Plus, I was tickled b/c 100 fly used to be my best event in high school and my one year of college swimming.

Now, I don't think this will be the case for LCM! But I felt very morally pure just to have made the attempt in LCM. However, I do not feel morally pure enough to try the 200; I just don't have that smooth slower gear ...
    Stealing this line for any future hassling!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I think I'll look forward to aging up
    Only a masters swimmer looks forward to turning 50...
    Only a masters swimmer looks forward to turning 50...
    I normally don't think about such things much. But there are some super fast 45 age ups this year including SVDL, Liz Dillman, etc. My only solace is that they're not backstrokers!