View RSS Feed

Random Nonsense

Roadmap SCY 2010

Rate this Entry
Quicksilver asked about my roadmap, and I told him it followed the Step 3: Profit meme. Plus a little more detail.

The Southpark version:
Step 1: Collect underpants
Step 2: ?
Step 3: PROFIT!

Qbrain's version:
Step 1: A cut 1:58.09 in the 200 free
Step 2: ?
Step 3: 1:49.99

In 3 weeks I find out where I am unshaved, untapered, with a sprinter's light workload. I will lay off the weights the week before the meet, and probably skip the team practice that Friday to get a light practice in solo Friday morning. I only have one event on each day, so hopefully I will be able to make my times. Friday is the 50, Saturday is the 100 and Sunday is the 200. The 100 cut looks to be the toughest. The A meets are held at 50M pools, which means there is space for warm up and cool down, unlike the BB meets which are held at 25yd facilities.

I have BB meets listed until the end of the year. If I have not made cuts by then, I will probably join the circus.

Target meet is A Champs in mid February right now. If Zones is local again, then that will be the target meet if it is before I leave for Asia.

After the Oct meet, I will adjust my training. If the sprint training seems to be working, then that will stay, but drylands will be modified.

Here are my signposts:
Aug
14: Vasectomy
24: Back in the water (7 weeks to BB meet)
Sept
1: send in USAS registration
28: Sign up for BB meet
Oct
16-18: USAS BB at Grapevine
A Cuts: 50/24.49 100/53.59 200/1:58.09
Nov
6-8: USAS A ATAC at ?
13-15: LA/Santa Barbara trip
20-21: DAM SCM at Tom Landry Center
Dec
4-6: USAS A COR at Loos
11-13: USAS BB COPS at ?
12: DAM Christmas Relays at SMU
Unoffical 2010 (dates are not official yet)
Jan
8-10: USAS A NTN at CISD
Feb
5-7: USAS A COPS at Loos
19-21: USAS A Champs at Loos
26-27: USMS DAM SCY at SMU
Apr
8-25: Asia

Submit "Roadmap SCY 2010" to Digg Submit "Roadmap SCY 2010" to del.icio.us Submit "Roadmap SCY 2010" to StumbleUpon Submit "Roadmap SCY 2010" to Google

Updated September 26th, 2009 at 05:13 PM by qbrain

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wine? I see no mention of wine. How can this be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Medicine Woman
    That was my first thought too! lol

Q, you know I'm going to ask ... but how will you change your drylands? Adding some of the exercises you mentioned on Speedo's blog or something else?

Mr. Wolf put in a very impressive 200 free today, 1:58+ (though he was B70 unlike your plan). He executed/split the race very well. So maybe this rivalry will now serve to motivate you more.

It doesn't appear that Jazz and Wolfy need to train ...
    1:58.32 is where the bar is currently set.
    I'm looking forward to this. And to the friendly rivalry between the wolfhulk.

1:49.99 is a great goal. Que the Rocky music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medicine Woman
    Smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    That was my first thought too! lol
    Double Smartass.

Q, you know I'm going to ask ... but how will you change your drylands? Adding some of the exercises you mentioned on Speedo's blog or something else?
    Adding "conditioning" dryland workouts in addition to my strength workouts. Some of the exercises that I asked Speedo about I will include, but when I queried Speedo, I wanted to know if he had already done something similar and I had not thought about it too much. If Speedo had something I could steal, I was going to steal it

Conditioning is in quotes, because I don't really have a good name for it. It is like a core workout for swimmers, because it should hit all the muscles in the abdomen, along the spine and connect the arm with the body. High reps, low rest, low weight so that recovery is measured in hours not days and I can do it on non-strength days without a serious impact on strength or swim workouts.

Mr. Wolf put in a very impressive 200 free today, 1:58+ (though he was B70 unlike your plan). He executed/split the race very well. So maybe this rivalry will now serve to motivate you more.

It doesn't appear that Jazz and Wolfy need to train ...
    I thought Mr. Wolf was going to give me a nice easy target for round one. I was wrong.

You really don't think they are training? After I am done painting the house today, I am going to start packing and unpacking boxes until I am ready to moan about how sore I am in my blog. 1:57, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by pwolf66
    1:58.32 is where the bar is currently set.
    Very nice swim Paul. I have not read about your swim yet, but that is an impressive time.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    I'm looking forward to this. And to the friendly rivalry between the wolfhulk.

1:49.99 is a great goal. Que the Rocky music.
    I hope it stays friendly. If he turns green, maybe I can out run him
    Q: Wish you all the best on that 1:49.xx goal. By all the best, I mean I hope you over train yourself into a twitching, uncoordinated mess of misfiring neurons that can barely climb the starting block much less exercise conscious control of your arms and legs at the same time.

But I mean that in the best possible way.

But, if you do hit that time goal without the aid of an outboard motor strapped to your , I will be the first one to buy you a (or seven).
    Thanks Paul, I hope to need 7 beers at the end of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwolf66

But I mean that in the best possible way.
    You sir, have been electronically challenged to a duel. The gloves landing across the cheek could be heard from many many miles away.

No Veuve Clicquot for the victory celebration?