View RSS Feed

nyswimmer

Saturday Swim

Rate this Entry
by , September 26th, 2009 at 06:29 PM (533 Views)
I swim unattached, so I have to do all my workouts in my pool's public lap swim lanes (there's actually a team at my pool, but their workout schedule, doesn't fit with my life schedule). Most of the time, this means sharing a lane with swimmers who are doing totally different workouts from mine, often at different speeds. Fortunately, most of the swimmers at my pool know, understand and fully support lane etiquette (there are the occasional exceptions, who whine about circling and won't let others pass) and we manage to get along just fine.

Nevertheless, being able to have a lane to myself -- as rare as it is -- is great. Well, today was one of those days. I don't know why, but there was almost no one in the pool this afternoon, which rarely happens on weekends. (Unfortunately, I was too tired for a really hard workout, so I spent the time doing stroke drills. )

Submit "Saturday Swim" to Digg Submit "Saturday Swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday Swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday Swim" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments