View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

9-8-7 Workout

Rate this Entry
by , September 26th, 2009 at 07:01 PM (420 Views)
This running workout is a little nutty, but kind of fun and different. When I do this workout, I think about the Navy SEALS who do their runs in long pants and combat boots. I don't have combat boots, so I do the run with long pants (sweats) and heavy running shoes.

The run is a 3 mile continuous run (no recovery between miles). The first mile, you have to run in 9 minutes and something, the second mile you have to run in 8 minutes and something, and the third mile you have to run in 7 minutes and something. You can adjust the challenge to your running level - it can be 8-7-6, 7-6-5, 10-9-8, etc.

I use the first mile as a warm-up and after I have done the entire 3 mile run, I do a one to two mile cool-down.

Here is how I did today:

Mile one: 9:07
Mile two: 8:48
Mile three: 7:32

Cool-down: 1.5 miles

Last mile, my average HR was 176. Kind of surprised that it was not higher. Could I actually be getting in shape? I'm thinking that I am not ready to go all-out for a 5k in the next week or two. I'd like to get in a few 20 mile weeks (I only had 16 this week.) before I go all-out.

Swimming has not been forgotten. I've got one more week of taking a break before I return to regular workouts.

Submit "9-8-7 Workout" to Digg Submit "9-8-7 Workout" to del.icio.us Submit "9-8-7 Workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "9-8-7 Workout" to Google

Updated September 26th, 2009 at 07:09 PM by elise526

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments