View RSS Feed

nyswimmer

Weirdness at the Pool

Rate this Entry
by , September 30th, 2009 at 07:53 PM (1431 Views)
Strange workout last night.

About midway through two (I thought) swimmers in the next lane asked if they could share my lane -- I was alone at the time. They were trying to get away from a very grumpy swimmer in their lane. I agreed.

Then it turned out that they weren't swimmers at all. They were aqua joggers. Kind of a problem. Fortunately, they kept out of my way and let me pass without problem. (They were actually marathon runners recovering from races and, I suppose, injuries. So, unlike the typical noodler, they respected a swimming workout.)

OK. That's all. I don't have any point to make. Now it's off to the pool.

Submit "Weirdness at the Pool" to Digg Submit "Weirdness at the Pool" to del.icio.us Submit "Weirdness at the Pool" to StumbleUpon Submit "Weirdness at the Pool" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm glad you let them in. Not sure if you ever look at my blog, but I'm recovering from a sprained ankle; water walking/jogging is one of the best exercises you could do. However when I shared a lane at my gym pool, I'd tell people that I'd be walking and not swimming.
    Sounds like a good case of mutual respect -- you for them & vice-versa. Probably very good they were athletes, if not pool athletes.
    I'm unattached, so I have to be flexible about sharing the lane -- but I was very pleasantly surprised by the runners respected my workout. That's not always the case in the lap swim lanes. Anyway, i had to rescue them from the pool grouch in the slow lane.