View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Nasti Thursday-easing back into it!

Rate this Entry
by , October 1st, 2009 at 10:49 PM (157 Views)
Easy workout tonight with the Nasti's. Lots of people were there, it was like homecoming night! Here's the workout:

*200 free Swim
*200 Flutter Kick w/board
*2 X 100 back/breast
*Super 500 Swim (25-50-25-75-25-100-25-75-25-50-25) I did mixed stroke. not sure of interval except I didn't get much rest.
*10 X 75 on 1:20 (25 stroke-rest 5 seconds then sprint 50 free)
*10 X 25 alternate stroke/free on :30
*200 Free
*200 Backstroke concentration on the turns.
2,500 yds.

I applied and recieved a grant for an "Action-Based Learning Lab" at my school. I am going for training tomorrow at an IPS school where they already have a program in place. I hope I don't regret taking this on. It's starting to sound like alot of work!
I'm glad the week-end is near!

Submit "Nasti Thursday-easing back into it!" to Digg Submit "Nasti Thursday-easing back into it!" to del.icio.us Submit "Nasti Thursday-easing back into it!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Nasti Thursday-easing back into it!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

you always seem to be doing the coolest things! What's an action-based-learning lab? have fun with it
    ABL is a series of brain enhancing physical activities . example: spinning is important in developing the vestibular system, crossing the mid-line w/limbs is important and organizes, energizes, and integrates the brain.
    About 85% of school age children are natural kinesthetic learners. Teaching with more of the senses involved increases learning. Bringing learning into a 3 dimensional format increases retention and retrieval of learning.