View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Saturday Swim

Rate this Entry
by , October 3rd, 2009 at 03:13 PM (253 Views)
I think I may have this neck/shoulder recovery thing figured out. I'm going to keep doing BW's exercises to strengthen the unit and just swim 2 days then take 1 off. Yesterday it hurt badly so I didn't swim. I took a 45 minute run and the running was even painful. I had a really stressful morning yesterday and that seems to set it off. I carry all my stress in my shoulders! I got up this AM thinking I probably wouldn't swim but it felt better. I did a low intensity workout with alot of kicking for me. It felt fine but it's tightning up now. It doesn't hurt when I swim but afterwards it tightens down like a vice and annoys me all day. I really don't want it to turn into a chronic problem!
Here is my workout in case anyone is looking for an easy way to get a few yards:
*500 Free Steady Build Up and Focus on Bi-lateral Breathing.
*200 Dolfin kick on back with split fins
*2 X 250 Free on 4:15 same focus as above.
*200 Dolfin Kick on Back with split fins.
*4 X 125 free on 2:15 interval.
*200 Flutter Kick on front, no fins
*5 X 100 IM on 2:00 pace
*200 Flutter kick on back, no fins
*10 X 50 on 1:00 (2 fly, 3 back, 2 Breast, 3 Free)
3,300 yds.

A couple of my Nasti friends who attended the national convention gave me a cool "Go the Distance" tee shirt today after practice. It is a limited edition shirt given to the members of the Fitness Committee. My friend said she thought I deserved it because I come to all the practices, swim all the meets/ow events, and participate in things like GTD! Wow, it made me feel so good to think they wanted to give it to me!
It's so funny how when your "dapper is down" a little bit someone comes along and zings you right back into a good state of mind. I love my swim friends.

Submit "Saturday Swim" to Digg Submit "Saturday Swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday Swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday Swim" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

2 on and 1 off is a good idea! What exercises is Bill recommending?

Congrats on the t-shirt. Sometimes a little thing can really brighten your day!