View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

Rate this Entry
by , October 4th, 2009 at 11:28 PM (243 Views)
It's 11;09 and I am finally sitting down for the first time today.
Last night, homecoming dance for Sarah. She looked beautiful and had alot of fun! After pictures we went to a bonfire and chili party at one of Marty's partner's home. We had lots of fun and finished the evening up playing Rock Band. (I like Dance Dance Revolution better!)

This morning's swim with Nasti's:

*500 free warm-up swim
*200 Dolphin Kick on back w/split fins
*200 free on 3:30 interval
*Broken 200 free (75 easy speed(rest 5 sec)50 building(rest 5 sec) 50 hard(rest 5 sec) 25 sprint.
*200 free 3:30 interval
*4 X 50 free descending (1:00/:55/:50/:45)
*200 freestyle 3:30 interval
*8 X 25 on :30 (2 each stroke)
*2 X 100 on 1:45 (Free/ IM)
*8 X 50 (all stroke, choice) on 1:00
*4 X 25 (no breathing choice of underwater or free sprint on 1:00) i just did fly sprints
*200 Backstroke cool-down swim (focus on smooth turns)
2,800 scy

I got some breakfast at Cafe Patachou! (YUM!)
Did some errands plus a big grocery store purchase.
I finally got home and decided to take a run. Marty accompanied me on the bike. I ran a pleasant 5.3 miles (41:00). There won't be many more days as pretty as this one. (cool, crisp, pristine and sunny)
At this point I started cooking. I made a meal to take to a fellow teacher at my school who just had a baby. Once I got in a groove I made a couple more meals for the week and stuck them in the freezer. All this energy was fueled by La Crema! I love to cook, play music, and drink chard! I almost feel like a gourmet chef!

Tomorrow (in 33 minutes) is Monday and it's back to the grindstone!

Submit "Another Pleasant Valley Sunday" to Digg Submit "Another Pleasant Valley Sunday" to del.icio.us Submit "Another Pleasant Valley Sunday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another Pleasant Valley Sunday" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Some good workouts out today! Pretty impressive that you ran a sub-8 minute pace after doing a swim workout on the same day!
    I had a good breakfast before I ran. Cool weather and sunshine makes me frisky too!
    What a wonderful SUnday - a little bit of everything. Hope your Monday went well
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Cool weather and sunshine makes me frisky too!
    (Inserts smart a** remark here)
    Oh Floyd..........I guess you gotta call a spade a spade!