View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Easy run

Rate this Entry
by , October 5th, 2009 at 05:24 PM (388 Views)
Felt better today, so got out and did an easy 10k run at a 9:32 pace. Running is feeling better these days. I kind of hate to back down in another month, but guess I will have to if I want to swim the meet in Atlanta on December 5. I don't expect great things at this meet, but I need at least one meet before the Auburn meet in mid-February. Otherwise, it will have been 8 months since I have done a meet and I don't want to be rusty when I hit Auburn. With the fast pool, it is a good meet to taper for. I did notice, however, that there is a 1/2 marathon on December 5, the same day as the Atlanta meet. I've never done one of those and am somewhat tempted. I also like the idea of doing a 10k run on Thanksgiving morning. This would only be 9 days before the meet in Atlanta, so my legs might be dead.

So, at this point I'm weighing backing off my running or taking a chance with Auburn being my first meet in eight months. I am planning on doing Nationals in May, so I guess this may not be a bad choice.

Guess I'll have to make my mind up soon.

Am adding on my weight room workout today:

Core work:

2 sets of 25 crunches with Swiss ball
1 set of 100 bicycles
2 sets of 25 side crunches
1 set of 50 good morning darlings
1 set of 20 leg raises

One-legged leg press: 2 sets of 100 x 15
Hip adduction: 2 sets of 130 x 15
Hip abduction: 2 sets of 110 x 15
One-legged leg curl: 2 sets of 30 x 15

Submit "Easy run" to Digg Submit "Easy run" to del.icio.us Submit "Easy run" to StumbleUpon Submit "Easy run" to Google

Updated October 5th, 2009 at 10:37 PM by elise526

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments