View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Oct. 5

Rate this Entry
Super busy day. Only had time for the following, which I suppose is all I should be doing on the CDVB schedule.

Swim/SCY/Solo

Warm up:

700 variety

Hypoxic set:

12 x 25, no fins:
3 back, 3 left side, 3 right side, 3 belly

50 EZ

Speed sets:

3 x (50 AFAP w/fins + 100 EZ)

50 SDK on back, 23
50 fly, 25
50 fly, 25

(Fly felt dreadful, all choppy and splashy, likely because I haven't swum it fast since Indy.)

50 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP free + 50 EZ)

100 EZ

Total: 1875

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm ticked off today. Among other things, I may not be able to attend the Sprint Classic because of pressure to attend some politically necessary event. Blech. I was hoping to celebrate my 5th year anniversary as a masters swimmer that day rather than doing something tedious. If I can't make it, I need another yards meet around the end of October or early November. Any suggestions?

I'm hoping to hit the gym and swim tomorrow. Or maybe hot yoga again at noon after weights.

Submit "Monday, Oct. 5" to Digg Submit "Monday, Oct. 5" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Oct. 5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Oct. 5" to Google

Updated October 5th, 2009 at 11:08 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Reading Jazz Hands' blog today made me think of another plyo exercise I used to love to do at my old club with the Free Motion dual cable cross machine. Maybe your gym has one. Makes plie squat jumps more fun and tiring if that's possible on either count. Put one of the cable arms as high as it can go and angled out a bit, weight substantial enough to provide resistance as you jump. I think I had it about 18-20, been a while so hard to remember. Now go into a deep plie squat pulling down on the cable, release a bit as you jump up and move laterally to the right, landing in another plie squat. Repeat to the left, I would do 3 sets of 26. I felt like it helped me make the move more explosive. I need to see if 24 Hour Fitness has one. I hate doing weights there but I could do this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhenderson
    Reading Jazz Hands' blog today made me think of another plyo exercise I used to love to do at my old club with the Free Motion dual cable cross machine. Maybe your gym has one. Makes plie squat jumps more fun and tiring if that's possible on either count. Put one of the cable arms as high as it can go and angled out a bit, weight substantial enough to provide resistance as you jump. I think I had it about 18-20, been a while so hard to remember. Now go into a deep plie squat pulling down on the cable, release a bit as you jump up and move laterally to the right, landing in another plie squat. Repeat to the left, I would do 3 sets of 26. I felt like it helped me make the move more explosive. I need to see if 24 Hour Fitness has one. I hate doing weights there but I could do this one.
    Oooh, that sounds interesting. We have a great double cable FM machine and other FM machines at my gym, so I could definitely do that one. Thx!
    I need another yards meet around the end of October or early November. Any suggestions?

Why not SCM? There are a number of those to choose from.
    There's a great scm meet in Indy Oct. 31 and Nov. 1st.
    The meet is held at the Natatorium. They run 2 pools for distance and then leave one open for wu/cd. I think it's called The Fall Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwbrundage
    I need another yards meet around the end of October or early November. Any suggestions?

Why not SCM? There are a number of those to choose from.
    Well, we are supposed to have a SCM meet here (waiting for sanction) and there is Zones. I was hoping to get a SCY meet in before the end of the year and the end of our suits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    There's a great scm meet in Indy Oct. 31 and Nov. 1st.
    The meet is held at the Natatorium. They run 2 pools for distance and then leave one open for wu/cd. I think it's called The Fall Classic.
    Is that part of the TYR series? I was thinking the Indy meet was the same weekend as the Sprint Classic, but Oct. 31-Nov. 1 is the week after. I don't think I could go for the whole weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhenderson

OK, I googled plie squats. They are like the goblet squats I was doing with weight. But this plyo exercise sounds very fun. Just tried it on my floor with no weights. So I will definitely give it a whirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    OK, I googled plie squats. They are like the goblet squats I was doing with weight. But this plyo exercise sounds very fun. Just tried it on my floor with no weights. So I will definitely give it a whirl.
    Very good. They are fun! I need to start doing them again as well.