View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

I still swim...

Rate this Entry
by , October 7th, 2009 at 09:46 PM (429 Views)
Haven't done it this week yet, but I will swim tomorrow. Also, I will make a decision this weekend on whether I will go to meet in Atlanta in December. Also, plan to figure out what events I want to be focusing on for the next 6 or 7 months.

Run with Death Valley group today and did our usual 4 mile run full of of hills. It was a little warmish today and given that this is my third day in a row running, it didn't quite feel as easy to run 4 hilly miles as it did last week. Both of my legs in the upper thigh area are officially quite sore as I write this entry. Tomorrow's swim will be a nice change from the pounding on my poor body!

Been doing quite a bit of reading about size, weight, and mass as it relates to running performance. I will say, I saw a big exception today. One of the guys in our group, a former DIV I scholarship basketaball player who at 39 stands 6'4" and weighs 205 blasted up that hill past everybody, including a pretty wirey guy in our group who is about 5'9" and 140 to 150. We usually sprint the hills and go really easy in-between, so nobody was holding back. I should note that there are some in the group over 40 that run sub-20 minute 5ks. Nobody could catch this guy today.

Two guys I know that have enjoyed a long running career are not your typical super thin guys. Both are in their sixties, about 6 feet, and at least 170. One has been running 40 miles a week since the Vietnam War!

Submit "I still swim..." to Digg Submit "I still swim..." to del.icio.us Submit "I still swim..." to StumbleUpon Submit "I still swim..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments