View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Thurs.

Rate this Entry
by , October 8th, 2009 at 11:23 PM (190 Views)
Nasti practice tonight at 7 pm.
Lots of people were swimming tonight, I guess our club of the year honor has swimmers excited to be a Nasti.
I work the bi-lateral breathing tonight pretty hard. I used Patrick B and Tom P's idea of breathing patterns. It is starting to feel better I think.
Fort recommended a snorkel; I located the brand new one I bought a couple years ago and never used right before practice. I decided to wait and try it the first time during solo swim. I think it might take some getting used to.
Here's tonight's practice:

*500 free warm-up swim
*4 X 200 Freestyle on 3;30
*8 X 100 (75 Free/15 seconds rest/25 stroke IM roll) on 2;00
*4 X 50 IM order on 1:00
*8 X 25 on :30 (4 fly/4 back)
*200 Backstroke (smooth w/good flip turns)
*EZ reverse 100 IM cool-down
2,700 scy

I formed a pact with a fellow Nasti swimmer to do the 200 backstroke at the state meet. We are both doing a 200 at the end of every practice! I am mixing backstroke in stroke sets for a little speed too. I like a brand new challenge from time to time!

Submit "Thurs." to Digg Submit "Thurs." to del.icio.us Submit "Thurs." to StumbleUpon Submit "Thurs." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Emma and I are mighty proud of you! She would like to get a snorkel too.
    I have one of those snorkels too. Only used it a few times and haven't since. It's an evil device!!
    It does look rather evil. I think Emma would enjoy it more than me; it could take the place of her non-exsistant nose!
    It takes a while to get used to. The snorkels are pain in the neck to do flipturns and then, try to suck all the air out. They are good to use in a long course pool. Less turns!