View RSS Feed

A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming

Recovery Day

Rate this Entry
by , October 9th, 2009 at 02:47 PM (538 Views)
In spite of the opinion of others that recovery workouts are just junk yards, I still do them. I like having the option of working the sets that I want to work and just swimming through the rest of the workout, especially on those days when I'm tired or sore from previous workouts.

The pool temperature has come down a bit from what it was at the beginning of the week. 86 today. That's about the best I can hope for because of the old ladies and noodlers that use the pool.

SCY, Solo

500 swim free
400 pull free breathe 3
(used buoy only)
300 IM drill
(did this as k/d/s for each stroke)

swim 3 x 200 back on 3:30 smooth

swim 12 x 25 on 35: 3x around, 1 of each, IM order

kick 4 x 100 w/15 sec. rest
(all on back no fins. 7-8 sdk off each wall then flutter)

pull 10 x 50 on 55: odds breathe 3, evens breathe 5

(again with buoy only)

--

Submit "Recovery Day" to Digg Submit "Recovery Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Recovery Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Recovery Day" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I agree Floyd! I like recovery type workouts to work on stroke mechanics, glide, get in a good mood, work on things I don't do that often.
    Sometimes I start out with an easy recovery type day in mind and I feel sooo good I end up working fairly hard!
    Oh, I've also noticed in my 50's if I take too many days off my shoulders start tightning up like a vice. Easy swimming calms them down and keeps them pliable.