View RSS Feed

nyswimmer

I'm back -- with a rant

Rate this Entry
by , October 11th, 2009 at 08:20 PM (1498 Views)
OK, so I'm a bad blogger. I haven't been here all week. But in my defense, I really haven't had that much to say all week. Basically, I was overworked at my job, I swam, I ate and I slept and that pretty much sums it up. Nothing very noteworthy. (Arguably, I still don't have much to say, but I won't let that stop me now.)

Well, actually I do have something to say.

I think it would be a good idea if someone (say a coach or a lifeguard or the management) would explain some of the basic rules of lane etiquette to the pool's water polo club. What brings this up, you ask? (Actually, you're probably not asking, but I want to vent.) We'll before their practices, at the other end of the pool (it's 50 meters, divided into two 25 yard courses), some of them warm in the lap lanes.

Well, one of them got into my (fast) lane, began doing more or less stationary drills (treading water, etc.) and wouldn't get out of my way. Of course, the pool has a clearly labeled "slow" lane for stationary drills. Fortunately, I was close to the end of my workout anyway, so I just left a few minutes early. But it's ironic that athletes from another aquatic sport seem to have less respect for swimming etiquette than the recovering runners aquajogging last week.

In other news, I got a Facebook request from a total stranger today. I did recognize the name -- but on the off chance that there really is a female college student from South Africa, attending an Indian university, who happens to have the same name as a male character played by Sylvester Stallone, I won't mention it. But I am not personally acquainted with such a person. I suppose I should reject it -- even though I don't have that many "friends."

Submit "I'm back -- with a rant" to Digg Submit "I'm back -- with a rant" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm back -- with a rant" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm back -- with a rant" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I never reject anyone. Its just the cyber-world.
    I usually don't either, but this one is so obviously phony that it's suspicious.
    Updated October 12th, 2009 at 10:15 AM by nyswimmer