assigned: 20 x 100 on 1:30 fins
4 k, 1 choice fast
did: NO FINS
round 1 correctly
from round 2 on Whitney gave us 30 sec extra rest before the fast 100's
round 2 50 k on 100's, 100 fr fast went 1:00
round 3 50 k on 100's, 100 fr fast went 56 dove
round 4 50 k on 1 & 2, got out on 3 & 4 to put on B70 legskin 100 fast went 52
tyler the miler crushed me on these, but he wore fins, he went 47 on the last one

100 easy

25 SDK FAST
roll start
whitney timed
went 10.1

Submit "Wed OCT 14th, 2009, BEST 25 SDK this season" to Digg Submit "Wed OCT 14th, 2009, BEST 25 SDK this season" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed OCT 14th, 2009, BEST 25 SDK this season" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed OCT 14th, 2009, BEST 25 SDK this season" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice 25!

Why are you so virulently anti-fin? Do you think there are no benefits to using fins? Or do you just prefer naked feet? Do you ever use pull buoys?
    What size fins were they wearing to go 47?
    Quote Originally Posted by rtodd
    Tyler can go 47 without fins. I am ever so sad he is currently not in my age group.
    Hi Leslie,

thanks on today's 25

you asked "Why are you so virulently anti-fin?"
    I don't use equipment. Less stuff to carry. My sdk keeps improving. I don't get to wear fins in a meet

Do you think there are no benefits to using fins?
    I think there may be some benefits to fins especially for bad kickers and people with poor ankle foot flexibility

I prefer naked feet & have good SDK speed

Do you ever use pull buoys?
    never

Rtodd,

Tyler wore Zoomer sized fins

Q,

Tyler's kinda funny, sometimes he's not too fast in practice and drops like crazy at meets
    think he's had the most #1 rankikngs last year for 35 - 39 meet, he's super fit
    Just out of curiosity, what else does Tyler do to stay "super fit?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    Tyler's kinda funny, sometimes he's not too fast in practice and drops like crazy at meets
    think he's had the most #1 rankikngs last year for 35 - 39 meet, he's super fit
    I have seen Tyler swim in Dallas at two meets and he wasn't slow at either of them.
    Leslie,

Tyler's young, 36 and buff. He trained swimming in high school then with with longhorn in the early 90's then switched to weight lifting then started swimming again in 2005 or 2006. His top 10 rankings begin in 2006. He's a very good athlete. He swims, runs with whitney & todd, bikes, & does core classes at lifetime fitness. He participated in a UT research study that measured, body fat, bone density, blood flow, V02 Max. think his body fat came in around 6%. I did the same study, mine was 23%. Tyler can sprint & do distance. He did the 5k swim, 10k swim, & the austin triathlon Olympic distance which he barely trained for & did it in 2:16. I whoop him in kicking, & sometimes I nip him in events like the 50 fly or 50 back. He swims all the strokes well, breast is his worst, but he split 33 in his 1:54 200 IM in march, 2008. He's swimming lifetime best times now, way faster than he was in his teens & 20's. He's nice guy & has a great work ethic & is a tough racer. Usually trains in a drag suit.

Leslie that's why Tyler "the Miler" Blessing falls in my super fit category, I'm also glad I'm not in his age group. Only fault he might have is he spends a good deal of warm up time on deck, talking with coach or other warm up skippers, then pops in for the tail end of warm up, maybe 200 - 500. Though I have to admit I used to be notorious for showing up late & missing parts of warm up.

There's several others who are super fit, mostly top Austin triathletes who train with us.

One of the most consistent trainers is Todd Bartee, he's a breastroker / IMer. He's scrappy, lost 50 pounds, he went from 230 to 180. He's a great trainer, always hits it hard. Fast puller. Trained at woodlands in high school doing crazy sets coached by john vogel. He made 50 x 100 fl on 1:15 & a 5000 fr for time where he went 49:30. Another super nice fun guy.

The people in my lanes make longhorn masters a great place to train.

Hey Q,
    yep
    Updated October 15th, 2009 at 03:39 PM by ande