View RSS Feed

Ande's Swimming Blog

new training schedule

Rate this Entry
Got this email:
not so psyched about a 5:30 training time m w f

Our new schedule starts next week 10/19. I am not happy with the super early M W F schedule but it is really out of my hands. Lets make the best of it. At least we have pool space and a good pool at that.

M 5:30 - 6:30 am; 12 - 1:15 pm

T 6:30 - 8:00 am; 7:00 - 8:15 pm

W 5:30 - 6:30 am; 12 - 1:15 pm

TH 6:30 - 8:00 am; 7:00 - 8:15 pm

F 5:30 - 6:30 am; 12:00 - 1:15 pm

Sat 7:30 - 9:00 am (unless there is an event at UT)

Sun 12:00 - 1:15 pm

There are NO drop-ins or tryouts at the morning workouts do to lane space issues

Submit "new training schedule" to Digg Submit "new training schedule" to del.icio.us Submit "new training schedule" to StumbleUpon Submit "new training schedule" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Are the noon practices a better option? I thought you said you worked down the street from the pool.
    noon might work for some days
    the challenge with 5:30 workouts is I need to leave my house by 4:45 to arrive on time,
    so i need to wake around 4:30
    I'll lift weights on T TH Su

Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Are the noon practices a better option? I thought you said you worked down the street from the pool.
    I get up at 4:20 to make it to a 5am practice. It takes getting used to, but it isn't impossible. Of course, my wife goes with me, so I don't have to contend with that problem.
    I guess on the days that you finish at 6:30, you could start work earlier or something if possible. Darn, you commute to UT is worse than mine because it takes me about 20 minutes to get to Villanova. Overall, at least, you have no 4PM workouts and more practices available. We only have 5 during the week and I can't do T and Th. But, I did add an age group practice once a week that is 10 minutes from my house.
    Maybe instead of taking Sunday off, which you usually do, you could take a week day off. Otherwise, you're going to have to get on the Q sleep schedule. Could NOT do it myself as I have to have some chill time at night after dealing with the kids.

BTW, how are you enjoying being an empty nester?
    I can't believe there's only 2 workouts a day at UT. Are there other masters teams in the area?

Guess I'm lucky, we have 3 workouts a day M-F. Plus I could always go to Scottsdale. And there's 2 other groups in the Phoenix area now too.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I can't believe there's only 2 workouts a day at UT. Are there other masters teams in the area?

Guess I'm lucky, we have 3 workouts a day M-F. Plus I could always go to Scottsdale. And there's 2 other groups in the Phoenix area now too.
    I would say more blessed than lucky!!!!