View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, Oct. 18

Rate this Entry
A whole weekend went by ... and I did nuthin'.

I had sort of planned to work out today in some minimal way. But I didn't get out of bed until really late and had to cart kids to the movies in light of the disgusting bone chilling rainy weather we've had lately. So I decided, using Speedo and Beth's examples, to give my body 2 days rest. I've been pretty tired from the high intensity training, so maybe it's a good thing.

I also had 2+ glasses of chard last night and apple pie and chocolate pie for lunch today. No dessert though. Stud thinks this may somehow weight me down for our 50 evil gridge ...

I'll go back to my good girl ways and the Ande plan tomorrow tomorrow.

Oh, I finally got the flu mist vaccine on Friday. Has anyone had the swine flu vaccine?

And in other news, Mr. Fort and my other Savageman relay mate are now plotting an Ironman relay and think the Wrightsville Beach Iron would be ideal. I love Wrightsville Beach and all, but, really, is there no limit to my obligation to be a good wife?!

Submit "Sunday, Oct. 18" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Oct. 18" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Oct. 18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Oct. 18" to Google

Updated October 18th, 2009 at 07:38 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It is good that you took the weekend off.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    It is good that you took the weekend off.
    Thanks, Tom. I hope so. I almost never do b/c I love to exercise. But I'm going with the "my body needs it" theory.
    Do the Ironman Fort! I know it's against your current training regime but it will give you a chance to stay in touch with your aerobic side (plus have some major fun!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Do the Ironman Fort! I know it's against your current training regime but it will give you a chance to stay in touch with your aerobic side (plus have some major fun!).
    It's not until next year. I think this year's race is full. I can't believe how fast triathlons fill up! We wanted to do Eagleman, which is a big tri here, but it's already booked. Jeez!

I'll go back to some aerobic training after Zones in December.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    It's not until next year. I think this year's race is full. I can't believe how fast triathlons fill up! We wanted to do Eagleman, which is a big tri here, but it's already booked. Jeez!
    The Arizona Ironman for the following year opens up the day after the current year. And it usually fills up in less than an hour (at $500+ a pop).

But usually the lesser triathlons are more available, as there's many more of them. Heck, you can enter most Splash + Dash races an hour or so ahead of time.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend off. I'm about to head off to the gym....
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    The Arizona Ironman for the following year opens up the day after the current year. And it usually fills up in less than an hour (at $500+ a pop).

But usually the lesser triathlons are more available, as there's many more of them. Heck, you can enter most Splash + Dash races an hour or so ahead of time.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend off. I'm about to head off to the gym....
    $500?! Wow ...

I'm not sure the lesser triathlons always have relays though?
    Oh Fort, please don't swim the 200. Two days off is not acceptable for anyone but sprinters J/K

Hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed your rest. Tri's don't have any appeal to me. Do you want to do a relay or a full tri? The bike sounds like more fun than the run, but even the swim doesn't sound like fun...

As a husband, I can tell you that there is no limit to your obligation as a good wife, or ...

I strongly suggest ignoring bobinator, she does swim for a team that invented the butternut and all.
    The 200? As in 200 free? lol. Never!

It would be a relay, not a full tri. I don't cycle except indoors; scares the crap out of me around here and I don't have a death wish like Geekity.

I seem to have some dim recollection of even the great endurance butterflyer, CS, taking a WHOLE ENTIRE weekend off once or twice. Honestly, I wouldn't have done it but for the fact that I have a meet next weekend and know I could use some quality rest. But not quality abstinence.
    The 200? As in 200 free? lol. Never!

It would be a relay, not a full tri. I don't cycle except indoors; scares the crap out of me around here and I don't have a death wish like Geekity.

I seem to have some dim recollection of even the great endurance butterflyer, CS, taking a WHOLE ENTIRE weekend off once or twice. Honestly, I wouldn't have done it but for the fact that I have a meet next weekend and know I could use some quality rest. But not quality abstinence.
    I can't even comment on all the reasons I am grinning because of this comment. Funny stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I can't even comment on all the reasons I am grinning because of this comment. Funny stuff.
    $500?! Wow ...

I'm not sure the lesser triathlons always have relays though?
    Yes I think over $500, and there's always a few people who don't make the swim time cutoff (I think 2-1/2 hours for the 2.4 mile swim). Talk about an expensive swim.

The AZ Ironman doesn't allow relays, but most of the smaller races here do. It varies from race to race.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Yes I think over $500, and there's always a few people who don't make the swim time cutoff (I think 2-1/2 hours for the 2.4 mile swim). Talk about an expensive swim.

The AZ Ironman doesn't allow relays, but most of the smaller races here do. It varies from race to race.
    $500 to miss the swim cutoff? I don't understand how people train for ironmans and then miss a 2.5 hour cutoff ... This apparently happens even in Kona. Crazy.
    Popular tris fill up in a matter of minutes here. And, they do relays on all distances. Why don't you just suck it up and do the whole race? You have all the fitness you need already.

I would also like to see you declare 2010 as "The Year of Distance." In return I will declare 2010 as "The Year I Cheered Fort on in Distance."
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    Popular tris fill up in a matter of minutes here. And, they do relays on all distances. Why don't you just suck it up and do the whole race? You have all the fitness you need already.

I would also like to see you declare 2010 as "The Year of Distance." In return I will declare 2010 as "The Year I Cheered Fort on in Distance."
    Hardly seems like a fair trade! lol

I don't bike. I barely even run anymore. But I'm going back to running after I swim my one damn SCM meet.

What good tris are in your area?
    The Charlotte area has some great sprint tris. They go on-line in early January. I'll send you the dates for that when they go up. Go to setupevents.com to see the events they had this year, will be similar next year.

I might have a decent bike to sell you here soon. I'll give you a deal, just because it is you.
    Determined to covert me to semi-competitive tri status, eh?

I can see adopting a slow twitch mega aerobic mentality, but the muscle cooperation is a whole nuther thing!