View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Foot'in and Finn'in

Rate this Entry
by , October 24th, 2009 at 04:18 PM (246 Views)
FRIDAY I was tired. I didn't swim but I made myself go out and run 42:00 minutes. I didn't enjoy it and just went downhill and slothed the rest of the night. I'm too old to push myself when I'm tired I guess.
SATURDAY morning I got up and went to Nasti's. This was a shorter "sprint" type quality workout. I was tired AGAIN from the start.
Here's the workout:
*600 Freestyle warm-up
*4 X 100 on 2:00 (add 20% of best 100 time for goal. If slower than goal subtract the extra from next rep and go faster, yeah right?) I did all 4 freestyle in 1:25 without fail. I used bi-lateral breathing the whole time and it's starting to feel normal.
*200 moderate swim. I did backstroke.
*3 X 100 on 2:00 (same gimmick as above) I went backstroke. splits were 1:28/1:30/1:35. I thought that was good for me. I've never done backstroke. I've decided to work on it this year for a new and different challenge
*10 X 25 on :30 from the middle of the pool and back. Work the underwaters.
*3 X 100 on 2:00 Yes same gimmick again) This time I did IM's. I didn't pay attention to my times
*4 X 25 Free on :30 no breathing. (I worked on speedy breathing every 5)
*200 EZ cool-down
2,350 scy

I'm gonna go make tastee tuscan bean soup and chocolate kiss blossom cookies! The thought makes me hungry.

Submit "Foot'in and Finn'in" to Digg Submit "Foot'in and Finn'in" to del.icio.us Submit "Foot'in and Finn'in" to StumbleUpon Submit "Foot'in and Finn'in" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Really like the workout!

Would you be willing to share your recipe for the chocolate blossom cookies?
    Yes, I will send it your way!