View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

A Sunday morning run

Rate this Entry
by , October 25th, 2009 at 12:57 PM (310 Views)
Made it out to run this morning, just from home, along the canal. Originally, I was going to head south, hadn't been that way for a long time. But then decided I'd go north, as there's a nice park at Chandler/Cooper, with fountains and restrooms.

The only thing about this was that I had to run right past the scene of my injury. First the bench where I saw my ankle swell...then the button I pressed and the sidewalk I slid off. Needless to say, I didn't push the button today. I waited for a car to pass, then just ran across when it was clear.

I got my Garmin all charged last night, but when I was checking to make sure it worked (seeing my last run on 8/16 of .59 miles was sobering), I somehow left it on in training mode and it was dead again this morning. So I charged it a little, and went out a little later than I originally planned.

There were tons of people out...but the weather was nearly picture perfect. Temp around 65-70F, just a few high clouds. I was surprised how thirsty I was. I did take my water belt, and drank almost a whole bottle of water, and even started on some Gatorade.

My official stats are Here. Nothing earth-shattering, but I was a little surprised how fast I was able to sprint at the end.

A very interesting CBS Sunday Morning today. The whole show is focusing on obesity.

Edited to add:
Decided to go to the gym tonight, as I won't be able to go tomorrow. Ended up being a quick session (for me), just about an hour...
Flex fitness standing calf: 3 x 12 x 75, plus lots of heel raises
Precor chest press: 1 x 15 x 90, 1 x 12 x 130, 1 x 12 x 150, 2 x 10 x 170
Precor pec fly: 1 x 15 x 90, 1 x 12 x 130, 2 x 10 x 150
Life fitness seated row: 1 x 15 x 70, 1 x 12 x 85, 2 x 10 x 100
Precor lateral raise: 1 x 12 x 55, 1 x 12 x 60, 1 x 10 x 65
Standing biceps curls on Flex Fitness system: 1 x 15 x 70, 1 x 12 x 80, 1 x 12 x 90, 2 x 9 x 100
Stool jumps: 3 x 10
Standing triceps rope pull downs: 1 x 12 x 60, 2 x 10 x 65
Leg raise: 3 x 15

Planning to swim in the morning. No gym tomorrow night, as I have a bulk pickup coming on Tues, getting rid of the weight set we took apart last weekend. Just have to move it from the side of the house to driveway this time.

Submit "A Sunday morning run" to Digg Submit "A Sunday morning run" to del.icio.us Submit "A Sunday morning run" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Sunday morning run" to Google

Updated October 26th, 2009 at 01:12 AM by aztimm

Categories
Running

Comments