View RSS Feed

FlyQueen

This weekend's meet

Rate this Entry
by , October 26th, 2009 at 09:10 AM (576 Views)
I survived the 400 ... barely. I do NOT like tech suits for longer events. I do not notice my breathing being constricted in 50s and 100s but have swum a 500 and now a 400 in a tech suit had felt like I was having a panic attack because I couldn't breathe. My streamlines sucked, I nearly died and it was slow. All this proves is that I don't need to do this event again. I'm sure I'll do it next year just to remind myself why I don't swim distance.

100 breast was a blast. It was slow but my stroke felt good. I just had fun with it. I had a terrible last wall. I pretty much forgot to do a pull out. Oh well. I was well under 2:00, too. This might have potential to be an event I toy with. We shall see.

100 free was okay. Slow for sure, but I am told that with the lack of speed work we have been doing that it's okay. The stroke felt pretty solid.

I scratched the 50 back. I was warm and dry at that point and the thought of jumping back into the cold pool to swim a race I suck at was not appealing. Food however was and won out.

I got a terrible headache last night and got into bed before 5 because of it. Sudafed did not seem to help and I called it a night very early. I was planning on swimming this morning but putting on a cap and smashing goggles onto my eyes when they feel like they are going to pop out of my head did not seem smart.

There's always tomorrow ... and hopefully a run tonight if my head does not explode.

Submit "This weekend's meet" to Digg Submit "This weekend's meet" to del.icio.us Submit "This weekend's meet" to StumbleUpon Submit "This weekend's meet" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments