Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Huh, I think stick with writing.
    Coming soon--Buboes: The Musical Comedy
    this is like horton hears a who
    Brilliant illustrations!
    Glad you're seeing things clearly now
    I'm glad you haven't lost the forest for the trees! You were certainly missed at the Sprint Classic last weekend.
    Thanks for your kindness, Speedo, SwimmerGirlKT, Bobinator, and Chaos.

Thanks for your honesty, Qbrain.
    Superb comic novelization!
    So the universe is one great amalgam of buboes? What a relief! And to think it was uncomforting at one time to feel so insignificant in the cosmos.
    So you think you've heard the music of the spheres?

That is an illusion.

Dave was right.

Horton hears a bubo.
    By the way, I have been dropping the words "bubo" and "buboes" into conversation for several decades now, this after first discovering the terms in Albert Camus' The Plague.

I think most people think it is synonymous with booboos, the things that you get when you are little and can be healed by a maternal kiss "to make it all better."

Actually, bubo and buboes are quasi medical terms, the definition of which I shall post below. I have been known to be cavalier with language, using words like "bumptious", for instance, when I don't really know what they mean.

But never with buboes.

Never with buboes.

buˇbo (boob, by-)n. pl. buˇboes An inflamed, tender swelling of a lymph node, especially in the area of the armpit or groin, that is characteristic of certain infections, such as bubonic plague and syphilis.

[Middle English, from Late Latin bubo, bobon-, from Greek boubon, groin, swelling.]
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Thanks for your honesty, Qbrain.

You might need a little more development before you will be recognized as a rock star in Japan.
    正直者は、飽和脂肪のような、緩和でよい。
    Well, I just found the drawback with Bablefish.

I wrote in English: Honesty, like saturated fat, is good in moderation.

Then I hit the "translate from English to Japanese" button, which I copied and pasted into the previous comment.

Later, wondering how accurately the translation actually was, I took the Japanese version, pasted this into Bablefish, and hit the "translate from Japanese to English" button.

It spit out this: The honest person seems like the saturation fat, it is possible to be relief.

I shall let you decide which quote more accurately reflects reality!
    A Japanese co-worker was confused but said it translates to :"an honest man should be soft like saturated fat" LOL
    That might be the best translation yet! And it is so, so true!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    正直者は、飽和脂肪のような、緩和でよい。
    Tasty, but it is the visual depictions that need the most work.
    I thought there was a HUGE market for "outsider art"--primitives, mental patients, elephants, and swimmers. Google "outsider art" and then come back to me with an offer for the original drawing, which was made on acid-no-free paper with Pilot G-2 07 pens and a Sharpie Accent Highlighter.

I will review your best offer before considering placing my work on eBay or the Craig's List erotic services pages.
    And might I just add that somewhere along the line, I seem to have picked up a disgruntled ex-fan who seems to be determined to drag down my heretofore uninterrupted string of 5* ratings for this vlog. I suspect this because A) I always give myself 5*, and B) to get dragged down to 3* means someone must be giving me only 1* (5 + 1 / 2 = 3).

I am really hoping that my regular viewers who do not hold enmity in their hearts for my childlike wondrous postings will try to counter this miscreant's attempts to discredit me and the Ambien that inspires my vlog by regularly (even if you don't mean it--in fact, perhaps especially if you don't mean it) clicking 5* rating.

Do this until the habit becomes something that occurs on autopilot, like blogging on a novel hypnotic. Such a tiny tiny gesture for the mouse master. Such a huge huge source of life satisfaction for the chronic loser!
    Don't think of it as a 3 star average, think of it as a six star total!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast