View RSS Feed

nyswimmer

The World Series Effect

Rate this Entry
by , October 29th, 2009 at 11:59 PM (1466 Views)
I do most of my workouts in the evening. Well, for the past couple of nights, the pool has been pretty much empty (of swimmers, that is; there's plenty of water). It seems New York's loyal Yankees fans have been at home watching the World Series.

Lucky for me, I'm not much of a baseball fan. Frankly, I get very bored watching baseball (although not nearly as much as I was playing it when I was a kid). So, being a dedicated swimmer (and at the risk of having my right to live in New York revoked) I went to the pool. And, for the past two nights, had an entire lane all to myself.

This is an unusual event at my pool. I always have to circle with at least one other swimmer. And, since I'm unattached and working out on my own, the swimmers I'm sharing the lane with aren't doing the same workout I am. So when I have a lane to myself, it means I can do my workout without having to adjust for that.

I suppose I should thank the Yankees for making that possible.

Submit "The World Series Effect" to Digg Submit "The World Series Effect" to del.icio.us Submit "The World Series Effect" to StumbleUpon Submit "The World Series Effect" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Then wish for a seven game series.
    Yankees in six