View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Run in the fall sun

Rate this Entry
by , November 2nd, 2009 at 08:55 PM (869 Views)
Enjoyed a 4.5 mile easy road run around lunch today. A beautiful fall day with lots of colors. Temp was in mid-sixties. It doesn't get much better than this. Really feel blessed I live in the country as I saw more horses on my road run than cars. Did the run in about 45:39 with average HR of 150.

Have been mulling over the run/swim balance idea the last couple of days. Things are looking iffy for the swim meet on the December 5 in Atlanta. Have lots going on early the next week that I have to prepare for, so don't know if I can spare 8 or 9 hours on Saturday (5 hours of driving and the meet itself). Also hate to confess that I'm not a big fan of SCM. Haven't done a SCM meet in 13 years for this reason.

The weather for the rest of the month is supposed to be pretty decent, so I may keep up the regular running for at least another month. Probably not a bad thing since my son keeps giving me his Halloween candy and Thanksgiving will soon be upon us.

So, until December, the plan is to swim 2 or 3 times a week, lift once, and run 3 or 4 times a week.

Submit "Run in the fall sun" to Digg Submit "Run in the fall sun" to del.icio.us Submit "Run in the fall sun" to StumbleUpon Submit "Run in the fall sun" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Might as well take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and run if no swim meet in Dec.

I see your 50 fly hung in there to make the TT. Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Might as well take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and run if no swim meet in Dec.

I see your 50 fly hung in there to make the TT. Yay!
    Thanks, Fort. I'm afraid I will be bumped because Dara did 50 LCM fly this year at some age-group meet. I see her time is not listed yet, so I expect to be bumped.

Wish I could have made it to Nationals and done a swim in my B70. Well, no use whining about it. Guess I always have next year to shoot for.
    Congratulations on your top-ten! Your training plan seems like a great way to go - wish I could run that much and stay injury free. Have fun - and pray that the candy is gone soon!
    I ran tonight in the dark but it was still a good run!
    I know what you mean about scm; I never know if the time is fast/slow till I convert it! Oh well it's still a chance to have fun and compete.
    Congrats on your fly time! I hope it hangs in there, Dara has had enough attention. lol!
    Wouldn't it be too late for Dara to submit it? Theoretically anyway ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi
    Congratulations on your top-ten! Your training plan seems like a great way to go - wish I could run that much and stay injury free. Have fun - and pray that the candy is gone soon!
    Thanks, gigi! He keeps bringing me pieces of his candy while he munches on fruit! Wish I was more like him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    I ran tonight in the dark but it was still a good run!
    I know what you mean about scm; I never know if the time is fast/slow till I convert it! Oh well it's still a chance to have fun and compete.
    Congrats on your fly time! I hope it hangs in there, Dara has had enough attention. lol!
    Thanks, Bobinator!

I used to love to run in the dark. In college, during the off-season, my friend and I would meet at 9 o'clock at night and we would run 5 or 6 miles. It went so fast as we discussed clothes, life ambitions, and guy issues. We even contemplated stopping by the local watering hole one night, but just didn't have the guts to appear in our sweaty running clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Wouldn't it be too late for Dara to submit it? Theoretically anyway ...
    Are they that strict about the rules? It doesn't go to print for another month, so that should allow people to get their times in if they need to.