View RSS Feed

nyswimmer

Set for the New Season

Rate this Entry
by , November 2nd, 2009 at 10:58 PM (557 Views)
Well, I've wasted no time renewing my USMS registration for 2010. I renewed online first thing yesterday morning, along with a slight change in my status. I am no longer unattached; I am now a proud member of the Metro Masters Swim Club. Actually, this is an umbrella club, with a bunch of workout groups -- but I'm not a member of any of the workout groups. So I guess I'm still kinda, sorta "unattached," even if my membership card doesn't say so, and I'm still working out on my own.

Ironically, there's a masters team at my pool, with coaches and workouts. But their workout schedule, doesn't match mine -- I don't see any point to joining them if I'll be walking into the wokouts in the middle. Now my workouts begin when I get there and end when I leave. Of course, it also means I'm still my own coach, but I'm pretty much uncoachable anyway -- I frustrate myself, so I can only imagine how a real coach would react. Besides, what other coach would put up someone as lazy as me .

Anyway, right after I renewed my membership, I entered my first meet as member of Metro (also online). Yes, I entered the Colonies Zone SCM Championship. It's only a half hour subway ride from my home, so there's really no excuse for me not to enter. (I'll have the November 21st meet as practice.)

Submit "Set for the New Season" to Digg Submit "Set for the New Season" to del.icio.us Submit "Set for the New Season" to StumbleUpon Submit "Set for the New Season" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments