View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Tuesday morning swim with team

Rate this Entry
This morning, to make up for yesterday's disappointment, I treated myself to wearing a new suit to workout. This is the one I chose:
I accessorized with my blue polka dot cap

and, lest things get too matchy-matchy, my regular orange daisy flipflops.

Although you can't see it so well in the picture, the swirly design on the chest seems embossed--its a bit darker and seems pressed into the fabric--and is lightly covered with something that looks like glitter. With its ombre coloring and subtle yet sparkly decoration, the suit's a little reminiscent of pageant swimsuits, only without the plunging neckline and inner hardware. It was comfortable and fun to wear. It did seem like glittery bits in the design might be prone to migrate to other parts of the suit. I felt fast and happy swimming in it, and give it a four happy-face rating:

I was brave and swam in the fast lane this morning, and enjoyed swimming with my speedster buddies. This was our workout, and what I did with it:

I got in about 400 of the warmup.

5 x 50 FR @ :40

3 x (4 x 50 ST) @ :50, with each set of 4 being FL/BK, BK/BR, BR/FR, and FR/FL
[Note: Wrap-around IMs--I'm against them! Instead, I did the 3 IM pieces medium fast, and substituted an easy FR or Bk for the FR/FL 50]

6 x 100 @ 1:45, with odds 75FR/25K; evens 25FL/25BK/25BR/25K. [The point of this set was to do the 25 kicks fast, and I did.]

The main set was:
4 x 100 @ 1:30
1 x 50 @ :30
3 x 100 @ 1:25
2 x 50 @ :35
2 x 100 @ 1:20
3 x 50 @ :40
1 x 100 @ 1:15
4 x 50 @ :45
1 x 100 @ 1:10
[Our lane added that last 100 to the original set--we wanted to go down to 1:10 on the last 100, but didn't want to speed up the intervals by :05 for all the 100s, so just added one at the end.
This set turned into a bit of a train wreck--in a lane of 4, we had 2 bathroom breaks during the set, a couple of mid-pool turnarounds (but I executed them gracefully!), 3 swimmers who were lost at various times, and 1 swimmer who simply surrendered and swam a straight 1300. But towards the end we all regrouped and finished the set strong. I was able to make the fast swims but struggled on the middle sections of the set, which is how I thought it would go for me. I tend to be good at swimming fast or slow, and not so much at sustaining inbetween speeds.]

8 x 50, odds easy FR @ 1:00, evens brisk BK @ :40

5 x 50 warmdown

All in all, it was a happy morning practice--everyone seemed to be in good spirits, and there was lots of chatting and laughing. I'm grateful to have such great teammates to swim with!

Submit "Tuesday morning swim with team" to Digg Submit "Tuesday morning swim with team" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday morning swim with team" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday morning swim with team" to Google

Updated November 3rd, 2009 at 10:08 AM by swimsuit addict

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I like the concept of your blog, swim suit addict! Any chance that you could post the occasional picture of yourself modeling the latest addicted swim suit? There are many, I am sure, in my geriatric age group who might become addicted to swim suit addict's blog if this were a regular feature.
    Sorry, Jim--I kind of like the disembodied suit look. You'll just have to use your imagination (or drawing skills) to fill in the rest!
    I take that as a challenge! Is your avatar Buttercup? The bad girl of the Power Puffs?

I should have known!
    Buttercup?! No way! That's Bubbles, aka "the joy and the laughter." You clearly need to brush up on your PPG lore.
    v. nice suit. Brand?
    Wish I could be a swimsuit addict...
    Thanks Gigi. It's a Nike suit--they named it "Lane Leader," and it comes in several different colors. It's currently on sale at swimoutlet for $35.