View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Wednesday, November 4

Rate this Entry
by , November 4th, 2009 at 10:03 PM (603 Views)
Did the 4 mile leap frog run today. This type of run always just kills me. Fell behind the last mile as usual. One of my friends was a little concerned for me because he had seen a rather strange-acting guy the last mile. My friend would stop every block and look back to be sure I was o.k. I wondered why he was so worried about me, but he told me why when we were done. Just another reason why I think it is good for women to run in groups.

Submit "Wednesday, November 4" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, November 4" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, November 4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, November 4" to Google

Updated November 4th, 2009 at 10:18 PM by elise526

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You know, I usually don't worry about such things. But the other day when I was on my 5 mile jaunt, there was a guy who kind of creeped me out. I have no idea why, just got a bad vibe. I was running on the trail off the main asphalt bike path and saw him bending over to tie his shoe for an inordinately long period of time. I went back up and ran on the bike path for awhile; I was near a cut over point. I was probably just spooked -- it was the middle of the day. But then there aren't always a lot of people on the trail at that time.

I guess you can't be too careful.

That leap frog run sounds so hard. I'm glad I have no running goals and can stick to my zen runs. But you go, girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You know, I usually don't worry about such things. But the other day when I was on my 5 mile jaunt, there was a guy who kind of creeped me out. I have no idea why, just got a bad vibe. I was running on the trail off the main asphalt bike path and saw him bending over to tie his shoe for an inordinately long period of time. I went back up and ran on the bike path for awhile; I was near a cut over point. I was probably just spooked -- it was the middle of the day. But then there aren't always a lot of people on the trail at that time.

I guess you can't be too careful.

That leap frog run sounds so hard. I'm glad I have no running goals and can stick to my zen runs. But you go, girl!
    Thanks, Fort!

Be careful!

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine was doing a run on the same trail that the group sometimes runs on Wednesdays. She was running by herself, but carrying her pepper spray. She came up on a guy who was stark naked and masturbating. He ran after her, but she was able to get away and call the police. Fortunately, they caught him. They told her to never run on that trail alone because there are too many creeps out there. I run with a police officer who handles sex offenders and he has regulary seen some of his sex offenders out on the trail.