View RSS Feed

Swim like an Orca, but faster !

11-05-09 got one out of two workouts in

Rate this Entry
by , November 5th, 2009 at 11:18 PM (988 Views)
Folsom Aquatic Center

Warm
2x100FR, 2x100 BK
(Did a segment of Chris's workout from the 28th of Oct. I swam this as a recovery swim)
Main
300FR on 4:15 ...on 5:00
200IM on 3:30
100BK on 2:00
300IM on 5:00 (done as s/d/d or d/d/s)
200BK on 3:20
100FR on 1:25
(added about 10-15 seconds to change goggles to vanquisher plus for backstroke, between each set...outdoor pool, bright sun.)

50 cool

Very very sore and had a hard time with making the intervals...
Since it was intended to be a recovery w/o, I didn't sweat it.

Folsom is a warmer pool @ 80 degrees (warmer than my home pool; Union Mine) by about 2 degrees and its 7 ft deep end to end. The bottom markers are not equidistant so the far end you have to take an extra stroke before the turn, otherwise you will turn and No Wall! They have lockers, benches and hot individual showers!

Ever since Union Mine got its boiler replaced, they have been keeping the temp at around 77-78, the thermometer says 80, but it lies! If you don't keep moving, you will get cold. One of the master swimmers started a petition to turn up the heat a degree or two, a lot of people have signed, so hopefully the powers that be will warm it up a bit.

I wanted to make this evenings AQUM workout, but I decided to feed the horses, goats, dog and cats, then take out the trash, which requires driving up a gravel road. By the time I hit the road, it was too late Kind of senseless to arrive late to practice, then have to rush out so I'm not late for work.

Job search is not so good, my current boss asked if I could relocate to Dallas. Dallas Aquatic Masters has 6 pools to choose from, pretty cool...However, my wife has an excellent job, I have a Junior in High school and I'm a native Californian; I could never give up my Pacific ocean, Sierra Nevada mountains, American River and cold local pool!

Submit "11-05-09 got one out of two workouts in" to Digg Submit "11-05-09 got one out of two workouts in" to del.icio.us Submit "11-05-09 got one out of two workouts in" to StumbleUpon Submit "11-05-09 got one out of two workouts in" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Is Folsom Pool connected with the prison? It would be kind of cool to swim in a Johnny Cash landmark...
    Is Folsom Pool connected with the prison?
    That would be scary, having convicts swimming laps with the residents!...Its in the same town, however I think the pool was built recently, perhaps in the 1990's. Johnny came here in 1968, so if he wanted to do some laps he would have had to jump into the American River which runs behind the prison.
    Job search is not so good, my current boss asked if I could relocate to Dallas. Dallas Aquatic Masters has 6 pools to choose from, pretty cool...
    Yeah, and DAM isn't the only team in DFW. North Texas Masters has a great training pool, better than any of the six pools that DAM uses (I have swam at all but 1 of the DAM pools). A junior in high school is tough, I would stay where you are if at all possible for that.

Plano (wetcats) has a decent sized team, Fort Worth (FAST) has a decent sized team, Mansfield and there are a ton of small teams. If you end up seriously considering the area, PM me.
    Look on craiglist for job(if you haven't already done this). Monster.com sucks hardcore now. Dice has some nice jobs for Senior Level people. Maybe look into doing a contract where you are on the road from Mon to Thursday or Mon To Wed, just a thought. This one guy from Boston who swam with us this morning works in Philly from M-W and then goes back to Boston. He is home for the weekends. Or, just be a house husband for the next few months.
    Thanks guys for the info. I'm trying to find a hiring manager in the company who will allow me to fly in once a month for a few days & TC the rest, since the bulk of IT is now in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. I forgot about Dice, didn't consider craiglist, and Monster really tanked-Ive been getting spammed for sales jobs. But the house husband is out of the question, wife won't finance my aquatic adventures. After Dec. 18 if still jobless, Ill be working the corners... "Will work for swim $"
    Quote Originally Posted by EricOrca
    Thanks guys for the info. I'm trying to find a hiring manager in the company who will allow me to fly in once a month for a few days & TC the rest, since the bulk of IT is now in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. I forgot about Dice, didn't consider craiglist, and Monster really tanked-Ive been getting spammed for sales jobs. But the house husband is out of the question, wife won't finance my aquatic adventures. After Dec. 18 if still jobless, Ill be working the corners... "Will work for swim $"
    Just tell her that if I don't swim and workout, I will be the size of the whale in my avatar!!!