View RSS Feed

nyswimmer

Mental Health Day Swim

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
by , November 6th, 2009 at 04:51 PM (1595 Views)
I took a vacation day today, mainly because I seriously needed to get away from my office far a day to preserve what's left of my sanity. Also, my pool will be closed this weekend for a USA Swimming meet, and this gives me a chance to get a swim in. (The pool closes early on Friday nights and I generally can't get to the pool in time.)

Anyway, I went to the pool around 1:30 and I was surprised to find that it closes on Fridays from 2:30 to 5, for the kids' team workout. This meant a short workout.

But I also found (not for the first time) tha ti ave a lot more energy in daytime workouts than at night. I suppose this makes sense -- I'm not as tired (or worn out) from my job. It may not be totally physical fatigue, but the mental fatigue has an effect. Anyway, it was the best quality workout that I've had all week -- faster swims -- even if it was shorter.

I should do this more often -- if I can.

Submit "Mental Health Day Swim" to Digg Submit "Mental Health Day Swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Mental Health Day Swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mental Health Day Swim" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments