View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Saturday, Nov. 7

Rate this Entry
by , November 7th, 2009 at 06:01 PM (1776 Views)
AM: Hot Yoga

Went to the 10:00 am 90 minute hot yoga class. This was my easiest class in terms of resisting heat stroke. As always, I'm pretty decent on postures with back bends involved and not so hot on balancing. But I'm improving slightly. Had my fav instructor Insel there today.

Then I went to the last regular season soccer game for my 9 year old. The weather was gorgeous, my daughter rang like a gazelle (she's a natural wingman), and we had a little party afterward.

My lunatic relay partners (who are co-soccer coaches) are anxious awaiting results from the Wrightsville Beach ironman tri taking place today.

PM: Run:

Wasn't sure what exercise to engage in this afternoon. Given the beautiful weather, I opted for a run. Did my usual 5 mile trail loop. The first mile was mildly tortuous after my manic plyo session yesterday and yoga this am, but then my legs relaxed and I felt pretty strong. I still walked a nasty up though.

Meets/Times:

I understand that there is going to be a meet here in PV the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend at the Freedom Center called the "Crawl Brawl." It was supposed to be in meters, but it was switched to yards. God forbid we swim SCM ...

This is slightly ameliorated by the fact that there is now going to be a SCM meet at Wilson High School (site of the Fall Ball). Unfortunately for me, it appears to be a one day meet only the same weekend as NE Champs in Boston.

On a happy note, the IL TT chair corrected his TT submissions and included my LCM times in the 100 fly and 200 back. Mary Beth W. assured me they would appear in the final LCM rankings. Whew!

Off to dinner with friends ....

Submit "Saturday, Nov. 7" to Digg Submit "Saturday, Nov. 7" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday, Nov. 7" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday, Nov. 7" to Google

Categories
Running , Yoga

Comments

Oh wow- I'm pleased to learn about the SCM meet at Wilson- do you have any more info, even though you won't be able to be at two places at once ?
    Quote Originally Posted by psyncw
    Oh wow- I'm pleased to learn about the SCM meet at Wilson- do you have any more info, even though you won't be able to be at two places at once ?
    That's all I got for now. Barb C-D has been hounding Tim T. daily for updates and she shot me an email today. I see it's on the PV schedule, but there are no details yet. If it was a 2 day meet, I'd probably eat my ticket or use it another time and stay for this one. Pools seem fairly equivalent too.
    Thanks, i was undecided as to which meet (zones vs. NEM) but I think this one is the best option for me- I'll just have to swim less events.
    Ah, yes, today was the B2B tri in Wilmington. That had to be cold as hell as it was chilly here as well.

How the heck do you trail run? I would twist an ankle in the first 500 yards. That's why I stick to road running.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek

How the heck do you trail run? I would twist an ankle in the first 500 yards. That's why I stick to road running.
    The trail I run on (W&OD) is reasonably flat. And I try to be very careful. But I have had a couple bad ankle sprains over the years. I usually avoid the killer nasty trail that Mr. Fort runs on (called, appropriately, "Difficult Run").. I would get injured ASAP there.
    Well, if you want to meet me in person, you'll have to go to the NEM meet. I'm sure this complicates your decision-making process!
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi
    Well, if you want to meet me in person, you'll have to go to the NEM meet. I'm sure this complicates your decision-making process!
    hahaha! Would love to meet you. I need a 2 day meet as I have virtually no SCM times, so I think I'll be heading up to Boston as planned. Still need to get my entries in though!