View RSS Feed

A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming

Not Much Going On.....

Rate this Entry
by , December 15th, 2008 at 12:36 PM (622 Views)
I don't have much to post since I have been pretty lazy and unmotivated the last few days.

As I reported Friday, I got a neti pot to help with my sinus problems. So far it's working well and I haven't had to resort to otc cold meds to be able to breathe.

Saturday all I did was a 1 hour weight class at the gym. Was going to swim first but didn't feel like going to the hotel pool.

Sunday I was going to swim but again, I didn't feel like going to the hotel pool. I did nothing else on Sunday.

This morning I was going to swim, but same story as the last two days. I'll do a spinning class at the gym during my lunch break.

Submit "Not Much Going On....." to Digg Submit "Not Much Going On....." to del.icio.us Submit "Not Much Going On....." to StumbleUpon Submit "Not Much Going On....." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Don't feel badly about skipping the pool. I know there's something to say about discipline and consistency, but when physically you're spent as well as mentally drained, my book is to look at it as recovery time. I'm getting old, I need my recovery time. I'm short on sleep (don't ask why) and have too much going on at work to get the quality workouts that would have been on the plan, but if we recover well, the intensity should return.

Man, I need to get off my soap box.
    Tom - I don't think I'm in need of a break either physically or mentally, but I'm getting one anyway. The main reason for the lack of motivation is the pool itself. It's so short, usually hot, and not very clean. Plus, I think the high levels of chlorine used are a big reason for my sinus problems.