View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Kickin' It, Monday, December 15

Rate this Entry
by , December 15th, 2008 at 01:33 PM (833 Views)
Well, my legs are a bit tired from running this last week. Can't resist indulging in running after a taper meet though. I miss it after a couple weeks of cutting back. However, I'm pretty certain that, when tapering, the most important thing I need to do is rest my legs. That only works if I cut out lifting, spinning, running, and monofinning a couple weeks before a big meet or a week before an in season meet.

Chatted with Mr. Fort about my travel schedule. I never travel (at least via air plane) more than 1-2 times a year, as more isn't really feasible with my family commitments. But, I'm pretty much set on going to Auburn in February and Indianapolis in August. (Although I'm slightly worried that vacation planning may interfere with or derail Indianapolis. We'll see on that.) I also plan on going back to Rutgers in December. I really liked the facility and it's less than 4 hours away.

Spent some time looking at the Order of Events for Auburn. There is only one event between the 100 back/50 fly and between the 100 IM/50 free on Saturday and one event between the 100 fly/50 back and between the 50 back/200 back on Sunday. And the 100s, which are harder to recover from, are before the 50s. Right now, I'm thinking I'll swim:

Saturday: (And I am absolutely over the 1:15 pm start)

100 IM
50 free
50 fly
(pass on the 100 back and go for a fast 50 fly)

Sunday: (9:30 am start)

100 fly
(Must swim this event here because I can't at CZ Zones)
50 back
200 back
(Can't decide whether to swim the 200 back or go for a 100 back split. I'd like to improve on the 1:04.7 that I swam on Geek 9:27.
Or, to get more recovery time, I could swim the 50 breast, which despite my aversion to, I am wont to do on occasion.)

Today's Workout, a quicky with lots of kicking:

Warm up:

400 swim
200 kick

5 x 100 one arm fly drill on 2:00

Kick Sets

16 x 25 UW shooters with MF
4 each on belly, left side, right side, back

50 EZ

2 X (5 x 50 fast on 1:15 + 50 EZ)
5 fast flutter kick with board and 5 fast backstroke kick, legs burning here

50 EZ

500 dolphin kick on back with MF
(I notice kicking on my back seems to work the upper and mid abs more than when kicking with a board)

100 EZ

Total: 2800

Submit "Kickin' It, Monday, December 15" to Digg Submit "Kickin' It, Monday, December 15" to del.icio.us Submit "Kickin' It, Monday, December 15" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kickin' It, Monday, December 15" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Isn't it a pain in the neck to fly to Auburn? Just wondering!
    Yes, nothing is real close. One airport is an hour and another is 2 hours away. Or you can drive from Atlanta. It's a pain. But it's at a good time for me logistically. It's harder for me to get away in March and April.