View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Nov. 13

Rate this Entry
by , November 13th, 2009 at 05:02 PM (1475 Views)
AM: Hot Yoga

Made it through another Africa hot class. I think Insel keeps the temperature higher than the other instructors. I was melting by the end. But I was a rock star on the standing boat pose finally. (That's my fav standing pose.) Afterward, I was slightly nauseous, probably just dehydrated.

More info on hot yoga:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...59_kell29.html

http://www.hot-yoga.net/news/

PM Massage:

Got a deep tissue massage this afternoon. I was really pummeled and feel dead at the moment. I'd love to hibernate in front of a fire on this cold rainy day. Maybe later tonight. The massage therapist noted that it's a great idea to do hot yoga before a massage b/c it makes you very pliable.

I'm still planning on taking tomorrow off and sleeping in.

Submit "Friday, Nov. 13" to Digg Submit "Friday, Nov. 13" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Nov. 13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Nov. 13" to Google

Categories
Yoga

Comments

I'm still planning on taking tomorrow off and sleeping in.

YOU TOTALLY DESERVE IT. ENJOY.
    I second that.
    Enjoy your sleep in!
    How are your sickees doing?
    You are going to build a great immunity to h1n1!
    Thanks guys! Slept till 10:00. Or at least got up then.

Daughter seems mostly better. Son doesn't seem to be improving -- has bronchitis and "rebound swine flu." My littlest one is OK so far.
    10 am? That sounds like heaven. Hell, 7:30 sounds like heaven these days.
    10 am is late. For some reason, the more I sleep, I feel groggy all day.
    They say it's better to stick to within a couple of hours of your normal rise and shine time.

Just saw Swimmer mag by the way. Nice banter between you and Punxsatawney Jim.
    I'm with you the weights. I guess for sprinters the power lifting formula is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    10 am? That sounds like heaven. Hell, 7:30 sounds like heaven these days.
    It's amazing. For years, I could never sleep in, probably due to getting up with the kids for umpteen thousand years. But, all of a sudden, I can sleep in. It's amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    10 am is late. For some reason, the more I sleep, I feel groggy all day.
    They say it's better to stick to within a couple of hours of your normal rise and shine time.

Just saw Swimmer mag by the way. Nice banter between you and Punxsatawney Jim.
    I'm with you the weights. I guess for sprinters the power lifting formula is a good idea.
    I actually felt pretty energized all day after being dead yesterday. But, you're probably right, sleeping in too late could be counterproductive too.

Oh, I think sprinters need to do some low rep/heavier weights for sure. But they can do other types of lifting to good effect too. At least this is my LL-Fit theory after experimenting some.
    Whatever you're doing...you're doing something exceptionally right!
    I just saw the hundreds of top tens you've amassed in a very short time! And a few number 1's!

Off the chain girl.