View RSS Feed

My Passion

Humid, Humid Running

Rate this Entry
by , November 15th, 2009 at 06:06 PM (1090 Views)
Got up at 6:30 to run with buddies. Hubby got up at 4:30 - he got up before his alarm and I heard the shower running. His Garmin 405 was not working right and he told me, so I told him to take my 305. I fell back asleep until my alarm went off. (I did not watch him run since the SA course is not spectator friendly. He was also only running half since his sciatic nerve has been acting up).

I got the meeting place just before 7 am. Kelly got there shortly after. Ernie and Kathy pulled up shortly after that. We started talking and got off to a slow start. The humidity was stifling. We mostly talked about how glad we were that we did not sign up for the marathon this year . In fact, this was the first year that hubby ran without me and I did not feel bad about not running. I was actually happy for the runners and happy for me too!

I decided to turn around at 2.5 miles, since my asthma was really bad as the air was so wet and I could not breathe easily - it was about 65 degrees, but with 90% humidity it does not matter, it just feels hot!!!! I told then to go on and I'd meet them at the end, but Kathy turned around with me and we had a good, hot, humid run back.

Kelly and Ernie only went another half mile or so, and since Kathy and I were running slowly, the caught up right after we started cooling down.

We made plans for our next get together, probably the week after Thanksgiving since I have a meet next weekend.

Now to complete my meet application...... Oh yeah - Hubby completed the 1/2 marathon in 1:37 and was able to get his Garmen to work afterall. He was pretty happy considering the conditions. The humidity was awful and a lot of runners were not running the race that they were hoping

Submit "Humid, Humid Running" to Digg Submit "Humid, Humid Running" to del.icio.us Submit "Humid, Humid Running" to StumbleUpon Submit "Humid, Humid Running" to Google

Comments