View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Sunday was alot like Saturday

Rate this Entry
by , November 16th, 2009 at 12:15 AM (241 Views)
I love swimming at Fisher's High School. The swim didn't start till 1;00 pm. I wouldn't want to swim at this time every week-end but I made it work well for me this week-end.
We had 6 people present today. Here is our workout. I think it took 55 minutes.
*200 Free stretch swim
*200 Free/Back 6 kick and Roll Drill
*2 X 100 Back on 2:00
*500 Free Swim--build speed every 100
*2 X 150 free on 2:30
*2 X 125 free on 2:15
*2 X 100 free on 1:45
no rest between 2's
3 X 200 free on 3;30
*8 X 25 free with breathing patterns on :30
*4 X 50 Back on 1:00 Trying to"pick-up the pace" and get more umph in the kick.
*100 slow cool-down backstroke.
2,900 scy--we didn't rest or talk much between anything today. I feel better doing it like that.

Next week-end is the Louisville leg of the Tyr Grand Prix series. I'm doing 1500 free, 200 free, 200 back, 50 back, and 50 free on Saturday. Sunday is the 800 free, 100 back, 50 fly, 50 breast, and 100 free.
I may just do Saturday and go home. I really don't want to stay over in a hotel. I'm trying to save $ plus I'm the only Nasti going to this meet so I'm likely to be alone.
Louisville is a 2 hour or so drive from my house. I guess if I go home Saturday and get motivated again in the meantime I could drive back. I will probably just decide on the spot.

Tomorrow I plan to take a run after school and then go down in my basement and start using weights a bit. I've tried to get myself started on some type program at LA Fitness but I just don't like the weight room there. (its big and I just feel bad karma!) I think I have enough stuff in the basement to develop a beginner program for myself that I can hold myself honest to!
I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Submit "Sunday was alot like Saturday" to Digg Submit "Sunday was alot like Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday was alot like Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday was alot like Saturday" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thats a pretty good lineup for the Louisville meet! I hope you swim some fast times. Is it SCY or SCM?
    I have gone to meets by myself and I always meet nice folks to chat with during the meet.
    Me too! I kind of like to go alone and force myself to meet people
    It's a scm meet.
    I entered my maximum of events. They keep point totals for the folks who swim all 3 meets. Last year I would have won my ag if i would have done both days in Indy. I was going for it this year but based on the swimmers entered this year there is no way I can do it. (much better swimmers) I may drop 800 free on Sunday if I'm tired
    It's still an impressive list of events even without the 800! Good luck in all your events, lil bobinator. I'm also a solo meet-goer...I don't mind an adventure with new people - it's part of the fun!
    Good luck on your 200 free goal too! Hope you make it...