Sprints w/Jazz & Speedo, Thursday, Nov. 19
by, November 19th, 2009 at 05:31 PM (4277 Views)
SCY @ OakMarr w/Jazz & Speedo:
6 x 25 "good swimmer" drill
6 x 25 DPS dolphin kick w/fins
6 x 25 breaststroke pull w/fin grip
5 x 75 @ 3:00
25 fast free into fast turn w/fast breakout, cruise the rest. I didn't do descending stroke counts like those two speedsters. I just dolphin kicked fast out of the turns. I wasn't warmed up enough on the first one.
10-15 minutes hottub
1. As Speedo noted, Oak Marr is not GMU. However, it's still a decent place to practice. Complaints, including 6 emails, have been submitted to GMU facility management. I am not the only one slightly peeved by this! Why, I have never heard Brad Gandee say one nasty word (well, maybe one) and my poor coach has been reduced to running for exercise.
2. Jazz and I were wondering about drills to work on keeping the head down when one breathes in fly. Suggestions anyone? Besides not ever breathing.
3. I feel pretty tired and crappy in the water. Upon reflection, I think it's just that I've been training my ass off the last 4 weeks (in anticipation of submax events and a few wee moments of sprinting) and my body needs a recovery week. This seems to be a pattern with me ... I guess it's good that taper starts next week with the abandonment of all things leg related in the gym. I will miss my plyos though ...
4. I am not sure what to do with hot yoga during tapering ... Tentatively, I plan to go next week and then bag it the 2 weeks before my meet.
5. I'm still not sure whether to taper or just drop upper body weights in a week ... I'll likely do an explosive session at lower weights tomorrow if I feel like my shoulder can take it.
6. Jazz and I are indeed insanely jealous of Speedo's ability to fall instantly asleep at night. We also briefly discussed Jimby's upcoming article in Men's Health on the dark side of ambien.
7. Unlike Geekidissy, I hate Thanksgiving except for the lazy time. He says it's different in the South, but it just seems like a bunch of overcooked mushy food to me. So, I refuse to cook it. I get no mom/wife points for this holiday. The bright side is I will be in Pittsburgh over the holiday, so I will get to drag Jimby to the gym.
8. I want a mistress like Patrick's. Plus, I could use a wife with Mr. Fort being constantly AWOL lately. I'm considering letting my youngest become a wii addict.
9. My left shoulder still bugs me around the shoulder blade and teres area. I will grudgingly continue with the RC and icing tonight.
10. And on other depressing suit news: http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#1taQbb...nds-tech.html/ But I guess it's a good thing we have those extra affordable cheapo $260 jammers around.