View RSS Feed

nyswimmer

Getting ready for the first meet

Rate this Entry
by , November 19th, 2009 at 11:51 PM (831 Views)
I'm getting ready for first meet of this season -- a sprint only meet this Saturday afternoon. It's at the same pool that I used to practice in with my former team. Of course, now I don't swim at that pool or with that team -- and the team doesn't train at that pool either. But the pool's still there and it will be my first time back.

So I did my last workout before the meet tonight. But now that I train all on my own (I'm on a sort of "virtual" team that doesn't have coaches or practices), I have to share my lanes with swimmers who, um, may not really know what they're doing. Like tonight when I was trying to circle with someone who going straight up the middle of the lane -- when she wasn't weaving from side to side. (I couldn't get too mad at her, since I don't think she knew was doing that.)

Fortunately this was only during my warmup, when I was mostly doing drills. She was finished before I did my hard swims -- which, by the way, were a lot faster than I expected.

Anyway, Saturday's meet is a small, local event, that I'm using as a warmup for Colones SCM Zones, in two weeks. And a couple of days ago I sent in my entry for a SCY meet at Eisenhower Park on January 24.

Submit "Getting ready for the first meet" to Digg Submit "Getting ready for the first meet" to del.icio.us Submit "Getting ready for the first meet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Getting ready for the first meet" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments