View RSS Feed

My Passion

1st day of SCM Meet

Rate this Entry
by , November 21st, 2009 at 04:47 PM (1983 Views)
Got to meet at 8:00. Found a spot to sit and got my stuff organized. Swam pretty good warm-up - lots of free and some breast. Made sure I knew the walls for the turns.

Meet started a little late. First event 400 free. First time to swim this event for time - EVER. I swam a 1000 SCY about a month ago from a push start for time and did 15.50 (first time to swim for time), so I divided 16 by 2 and subtracted a minute since the course was a little shorter than a 500 to give myself a seed time of 7:00. My actual time was 6:08 which I was very pleased with since it was my first time swimming it and my asthma was bothering me so much that I could hear myself wheeze. .

Next two events were 50 free and 50 breast. Both events added a few tenths of a second to my PR, and I attribute this to not enought rest after the 400. Meet started at 9:30 ish and ended at 10:30 for me, so I swam 3 events in an hour and the first one was a long one.

Tomorrow is my 200 breast event. I have never swam this in a meet before either, however, my coach did time me in a SCY pool last week and I did 3:20 from a push start. I am also scheduled to swim the 100 free and the 50 fly, but I may scratch those, because I can tell I need a lot more recovery time to get a good racing time.

Submit "1st day of SCM Meet" to Digg Submit "1st day of SCM Meet" to del.icio.us Submit "1st day of SCM Meet" to StumbleUpon Submit "1st day of SCM Meet" to Google

Comments

Wow! Great job in that 400 Swim4me!
    That was an ultra-quick meet! Good luck sunday!
    Thank you so much for the comment. I appreciate the encouragement. Been thinking about the 200 all night. Really thinking about scratching the 100 free and the 50 fly. I'll post the commenatry when I get home this morning.