View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Grinchy Humor

Rate this Entry
by , December 17th, 2008 at 08:25 PM (1145 Views)
I've been a bit stuffed up, sore throat and a cough the last few days. Thought perhaps the hypochondriasis was kicking in and/or I was getting a cold. But nooooo .... Just had a massive hive attack. Believe I am allergic to the xmas trees. They bothered me last year, but not this bad. I just don't want my allergies to spiral out of control -- or else I will become Wolf Girl. Ack! Off to look for benadryl and inhaler ... I seriously would prefer to stay "robustly" healthy.

Submit "Grinchy Humor" to Digg Submit "Grinchy Humor" to del.icio.us Submit "Grinchy Humor" to StumbleUpon Submit "Grinchy Humor" to Google

Updated December 17th, 2008 at 10:53 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Do you really want to use Benadryl? Don't you get enough response from Claritan or Zyrtec? I would think they would be much less likely to have side effects.
    A lot of people have allergies to tree sap.

If it's not freezing cold outside, you can hose the tree down before bringing it in.
    It supposedly removes all the pollen and mold.

That TYR nose clip will come in handy.
    Thanks guys.

Tom, I take zyrtec pretty regularly, but have been somewhat lackadaisical of late as my allergies are more under control in the fall. Benadryl usually zaps hives right away for me. (Whenever I'm around dogs, this occurs.) As it turns out, I didn't have any in the house, so I settled for more zyrtec and benadryl cream. Kinda wheezy today still.

Val, I wish I had thought of that before I brought the tree in! Next year for sure. Oh, I am allergic to mold as well, so maybe that is also bothering me.
    Updated December 18th, 2008 at 03:34 PM by The Fortress