View RSS Feed

The Labours of SwimStud

It's not about how fast you swim...

Rate this Entry
by , December 17th, 2008 at 11:23 PM (1001 Views)
Jersey Gunk--Early December
Well swam at Colony Zones and had a decent meet since I was battling a cold or something.
Had some fair results I guess abit off my best but considered my head wasn't in the game I was fairly happy. I made improvements over last year still so some of my LCM gains have remained.

I got back in the water late last week doing a few 1200 yard drill/kick workouts.
Took until Sunday 14th to get a real workout in and I stole Fort's which she stole from Chris but I used human intervals for the kicking but I did it all and felt pretty manly considering I'd been ill.
Warm up:

750 variety warm up of swim, kick, drills, builds

Speed Set:

8 x 25 AFAP,
2 of each stroke, 25 easy after each

50 EZ

Endurance Kick Set: Kick Mountain
50 kick on :45
100 kick on 1:40
150 kick on 2:30
200 kick on 3:00
150 kick on 2:30
100 kick on 1:40
50 kick on :45

100 EZ
Speed Set #2:
5 x (3 x 50) on 1:00
#1 easy
#2 drill
#3 fast,
100 EZ

500 dolphin kick on back with MF 100 EZ

Total: 3550

Submit "It's not about how fast you swim..." to Digg Submit "It's not about how fast you swim..." to del.icio.us Submit "It's not about how fast you swim..." to StumbleUpon Submit "It's not about how fast you swim..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hahaha. Human intervals? Nice that this workout's been done three times now!
    It's actually a good workout...and with grouchy shoulders it was a nice break!
    Rich, give yourself a lot more credit than you have. You have had some serious advances in your swimming in the year that I have known you and that is due solely to the work that you have put in.
    If those are human kick intervals, I must be a legless alien.
    Those were monofin kicks...they were challenging!
    Thank you, I don't feel AS bad now. I hope you at least cried a little after that kick set. Or puked a lot