View RSS Feed

Mixing it up this year

Thursday 12/18 - too long a week

Rate this Entry
by , December 18th, 2008 at 07:32 AM (880 Views)
After starting off Sunday with a 15 hour work day the rest of the week is now dragging by.

Was really tired today but did try my hand at 2 all out fin swims and was pleasantly surprised.

1000 broken up by 200's as swim/pull/swim/kick/swim

100 free with fins for time went 1:03

8x50 @ :55 1/2 free 1/2 back pull with paddles and bouy
10x50 @ :55 free swim with paddle on right hand kick 4 times on the paddle hand
10x50 @ :55 free swim with paddle on left hand kick 4 times on the paddle hand
500 kick with fins alternate by 100 fly/free

100 free with fins for time went 1:00

400 broken up by 100's as swim/pull/kick/swim

total 3500 yards

For me the 100's were very good. I will probably try to incorporate more of these into my workouts in the future. This is to get the feel of going faster. Goal is to break 1:00 in the 100 Free this year.

Submit "Thursday 12/18 - too long a week" to Digg Submit "Thursday 12/18 - too long a week" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday 12/18 - too long a week" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday 12/18 - too long a week" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very fast 100 frees, Donna!

I've never tried backstroke with paddles and buoy ... Usually you only see people doing freestyle that way ...
    Coach Rick used to have us swim all of our strokes with paddles, even fly.

In backstroke this is nothing different than using these toys for free. Typically we use a kickboard as a pull bouy and in backstroke it really accentuates the body rotation in the stroke. Try it.

Actually by using the paddles on fly I corrected alot of my stroke, both the recovery and the timing in the stroke for breathing.

For breaststroke it helped me to learn the newer breaststroke motion.

Paddles can work wonders if used properly.