View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Even More Thanksgiving Wishes

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
My brother Johnny boy already posted this in the comments section of yesterday's blog, Happy Thanksgiving One and All, which regular readers will recall featured harlots in lordosis configurations and other things we can be happy about.

As an antidote to the occasional snifter of impropriety that our DNA has taken via the Jim morph, I present to you the utter wholesome and unadulterated joi de vivre life view of my twin, one of the nicest people to ever grace the planet earth.

I am still trying to find out if John wrote this song on Garage Band, but I am 99 percent sure he did, for it has all the hallmarks of a John Thornton song: stirring melody, Noel Cowardly lyrics exhilarating in their brevity and cleverness, and a middle 8 that makes one think of the Beatles at their best, all of this ladled over with the kind of charming cornpone quality that made Woodie Guthrie such a giant at Communist union organizing rallies.

At the risk of biasing your opinion of this film, I strongly urge you to gather your loved ones around the computer, which you have stuck for this occasion into your fireplace so as to symbolically turn the Internet into the very hearth of modernity, and play this instant classic of a Thanksgiving song for the gathered multitude of relatives, singing along as soon as you get a knack for the lyrics.

Then throw away your BMI scales and engorge happily.

We are humans.

This is what humans have for Thanksgiving!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjuGHksgvvM"]YouTube- What Humans Have For Thanksgiving![/ame]

Submit "Even More Thanksgiving Wishes" to Digg Submit "Even More Thanksgiving Wishes" to del.icio.us Submit "Even More Thanksgiving Wishes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Even More Thanksgiving Wishes" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This young lady, only in the 4th grade, has 2 great claims to fame.
    1.She wrote the lyrics to this wonderful family anthym
    2. She is Jim Thornton's step great granddaughter

Either one of these accomplishments is more than most people ever achieve, but young Emma has done it all!
    I always thought lordosis was the opposite condition of kyphosis. I am stupid in my interpretations of the english language
    Happy TD Jimby!
    They are kind of opposite in a way, I suppose.

Lordosis causes the lower back curve to become accentuated, forcing the buttocks to pooch out. It's a medical disorder in just about everybody with the exception of Playboy centerfolds, for whom it is a perfectly natural and healthy gesture of implied invitation.

Kyphosis effects the spine much higher up and results in a twisting outwards, if I understand this correctly. The hunchback of Notre Dame suffered from kyphosis; Esmeralda, at least in the Disney XXX version, suffered from lordosis.

I hope this clears things up.
    Happy Turkey Jim!
    Looking forward to passing through the land of Thornton this Saturday on our way back to KC. Surprised I didn't see you at a cheesesteak place this week (considering our Ocean City history) in Philly. Sorry about the Chiefs beating your Steelers! Have you seen the OC destruction?
    bill
    Happy Turkey Jim!
    Looking forward to passing through the land of Thornton this Saturday on our way back to KC. Surprised I didn't see you at a cheesesteak place this week (considering our Ocean City history) in Philly. Sorry about the Chiefs beating your Steelers! Have you seen the OC destruction?
    And isn't Thanksgiving about LARDosis?
    bill
    Bill, have a nice and safe trip. My brother actually filmed the devastation of OC. Really tragic. You can see it here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-2MEob08jQ"]YouTube- Then and Now: Ocean City's November Storm[/ame]
    That's amazing! seeing the juxtapositions really tells the story. It also showed how the dunes did their job, although I heard a few houses were damaged, and much of the beach ended up on the first street in places. Thanks for the forward.

The trip was great...2500 miles with only an hour of traffic delays