View RSS Feed

nyswimmer

Colonies Zone SCM Meet

Rate this Entry
by , December 6th, 2009 at 03:44 PM (1690 Views)
OK. So I just got home from SCM Zones -- not that it was a long trip, just a 30 minute ride from on the Flushing line subway.

I missed yesterday's session. I wasn't feeling too well. I felt like I had the flu coming on , and the weather was bad, so I thought it would be better to stay home and 1) not get really sick and 2) not spread it to my fellow swimmers if it really was the flu. But this morning, I felt fine and no fever -- probably just tired yesterday.

Anyway, I swam my 50 free a full five seconds faster than at the November 21 meet (where I had to run like a madman to make my heat). This time I was behind the block well in advance, so I was able to focus on the race, not sprinting to block. There's a lot to be said for being focused on the race before the race.

This meet ran very fast and very efficiently -- well ahead of the projected timeline. I was finished almost an hour before the timeline said I would be. That's why I'm home already, with plenty of time to take care of important business, i.e., my nap

Submit "Colonies Zone SCM Meet" to Digg Submit "Colonies Zone SCM Meet" to del.icio.us Submit "Colonies Zone SCM Meet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Colonies Zone SCM Meet" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

5 sec drop in a fifty is HUGE! even if you were sprinting to the blocks. congrats!
    In all honesty, my time at the 11/21 meet was exceptionally bad (my worst in a long time) , but thank you.
    Congrats on your excellent 50 Free!