View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

The One Hour Swim Approacheth

Rate this Entry
Today I was looking forward to working out with my team and simply doing whatever someone told me to do, without trying to check things off some mental list of pre-meet preparations. My team has gone into one-hour-swim prep mode, so today’s workout included lots of freestyle pacing work.

500 warmup

8 x 100 K/D/K/S (2 of each stroke, IM order) @ 2:00

4 x 100 FR @ 1:35 [Before we began, the coach told us we that we would be using the average of these swims to pace the rest of the workout. I manipulated my finishing glides so that mine averaged 1:20, since that’s my goal OHS pace.]

2 x 200 FR @ 2:50 [The goal was to come in at OHS pace. I did these a bit faster at 2:31 and 2:32. I had to go fast on the first one because the guy in the next lane was racing me; on the second, he completely died, but I felt like I needed to swim the same pace so it wouldn’t look like I had been going fast just to race him.]

2 x 400 FR @ 5:30 [5:21, 5:24]

4 x 100 FR/BK @ 1:30 [Coach was going to have me do these FR @ 1:25 while my lanemate did 1:30s, but I suggested that I do FR/BK halfsies on 1:30 so we could stay together. As a bonus I got a break from all the freestyle. I brought these in at 15, 17, 17, 18].

Easy 50 warmdown (I got out early because of an early doctor’s appointment today).

At the doctor’s I got my H1N1 vaccine (because of my asthma—I’d gotten a regular flu shot earlier in the season), and with my immune system newly fortified I decided to brave the hordes of tourists and schoolchildren and walk down to Rockefeller Center to see the tree and the department store windows. I’m a sucker for Christmas decorations.

Submit "The One Hour Swim Approacheth" to Digg Submit "The One Hour Swim Approacheth" to del.icio.us Submit "The One Hour Swim Approacheth" to StumbleUpon Submit "The One Hour Swim Approacheth" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

but I felt like I needed to swim the same pace so it wouldn’t look like I had been going fast just to race him.]

Clever girl!

Not much in the way of decorated store windows where I live - I to am a sucker for C'mas window dressing, though. and I need to go to NYC to get my fix
    Hey Gigi, I hope you are all better now and looking forward to your meet this weekend!
    Yes, NYC is definitely a primo place for the whole Christmas lights thing--it never gets old for me!