View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Last swim before Boston, Thurs., Dec. 10

Rate this Entry
by , December 10th, 2009 at 06:58 PM (2367 Views)
Swim/SCM/Solo:

Warm up:

400 swim
200 kick
200 fly drills

Other Stuff:

8 x 25 shooters
odds = on back
evens = on belly

8 x 25
odds= easy speed fly
evens = easy

25 dolphin dive

2 x (25 AFAP free + 50 EZ)

25 dolphin dive

50 EZ

Total: 1450 meters

hottub & steam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

Felt pretty good and loose. I'm as ready to go as I'll ever be. Just hoping to have an easy trip to Boston tomorrow. I'll miss some of the PV gang swimming at our one day local SCM meet. Good luck guys!

Now to pack. I'm the worst packer. I always forget something important. And I just realized my iphone charger does not appear to be working. But I have packed extra Fortinas, caps, new meet goggles (the latest speed sockets, which I favor), gluten-free snacks and wheat-free rice krispies, my inhaler (for that .001 it might give me, lol, actually I need it now b/c of the xmas tree) and my tech suit collection that will be no more: new fire sale B70, very old good luck B70 with hole, new Rocket Science suit that I couldn't return which was supposed to comply with standards that disappeared and my jinxed Jaked which has a lot of wears. (I might wear the jinxed suit for my free events or 50 fly. Def not on backstroke.). I'm actually looking forward to trying my brand new suit. They're always very zingy the first meet. Oh, and better pack ambien, before I read Jimby's upcoming article on its apparent horrors, so there is some slim chance for sleep.

It feels like centuries since I've been to the gym. lol Why Wolfy can probably lift more than me now. Not Patrick though.

Split request form?

Does anyone have a link for me to print out a couple? I assume they'll have them at the meets, but I'd like to have one handy. Can't recall where I pulled my last one from.

Submit "Last swim before Boston, Thurs., Dec. 10" to Digg Submit "Last swim before Boston, Thurs., Dec. 10" to del.icio.us Submit "Last swim before Boston, Thurs., Dec. 10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Last swim before Boston, Thurs., Dec. 10" to Google

Updated December 10th, 2009 at 09:33 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Good luck and safe journey.
    Swim fast!!! I'm looking forward to a triumphant blog post early next week.
    Thx guys!
    Ditto. You'll do great. That goes without saying.
    Ha......Ha......keep it up. Pretty soon I'll be squating what you can bench and then look out!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwolf66
    Ha......Ha......keep it up. Pretty soon I'll be squating what you can bench and then look out!!!!
    Since I don't bench very much, that is unimpressive. :-P
    Split request form is on the second to last page of this link:
    http://www.usms.org/rules/appb.pdf

Good luck and have fun with the trip.
    Not Patrick though.

I wish I could say that someday I'll be strong like you, but it's not bloody likely.

Swim fast, have fun, don't forget to pack the espresso!
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    Split request form is on the second to last page of this link:
    http://www.usms.org/rules/appb.pdf

Good luck and have fun with the trip.
    Thank you! You are the man!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwbrundage
    Not Patrick though.

I wish I could say that someday I'll be strong like you, but it's not bloody likely.

Swim fast, have fun, don't forget to pack the espresso!
    Packed!

You're naturally slim and my body is naturally mesomorphic and seems to build muscle easily. But, as I've said, I'm not going to emphasize the heavy weights much this next season. So maybe you'll catch up a bit!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Thank you! You are the man!
    Can I be the other man?

Good luck, Leslie. You are an inspiration to all of us!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Can I be the other man?

Good luck, Leslie. You are an inspiration to all of us!
    Of course, my child.

No hypochondrical illnesses or ailments to report. Shoulder feels good. Slept well last night. Plane on time. All systems go.
    Good luck! Swim fast!
    Good swims! PBs! Plane on time both ways, shoulders happy. And I hope you get a few minutes to enjoy Boston, a wonderful city.
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene
    Good swims! PBs! Plane on time both ways, shoulders happy. And I hope you get a few minutes to enjoy Boston, a wonderful city.
    I love Boston! I worked here for a year and used to come down from college. But I think it will be mostly swimming. Thx!