View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Polar Bear Preview

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Five days before Christmas, and many of us here in the Northeastern United States find our wistful thoughts turning to open water swimming season.

This begins, of course, with the annual Sea Isle City Polar Bear Swim in February.

Here is footage from last year's pilgrimage to the frozen Jersey shore, with some bonus scenes towards the end of girl on girl scissoring, a great way to limber up for any kind of swimming performance, I must say.

Apologies to those of you who have already seen this. I hope soon to be posting new video. For now, I hope this helps inspire my subscribers to sign up for a polar bear dip themselves.

the PG rated musical version:
BORKED

the scrofulous version with girl on girl scissoring bonus scenes:
BORKED

Submit "Polar Bear Preview" to Digg Submit "Polar Bear Preview" to del.icio.us Submit "Polar Bear Preview" to StumbleUpon Submit "Polar Bear Preview" to Google

Updated December 29th, 2008 at 01:03 PM by jim thornton

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

There might need to be age verification and appropriate warning labels on your blog before you can legally post any new videos Jim.
    You're probably right. I think you need to be under 18 to really appreciate my videos. By 18, I mean 18 months.
    What does "the Inhaler" part of the title refer to? Am I being dense?
    You aren't being dense. Dracula was supposedly based on a fellow known as Vlad the Impaler. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_III_the_Impaler

Given my resemblance to Vlad, I thought I would refer to myself as Vlog the Inhaler, inhalation being what we freestylers occasionally need to do to sustain our efforts.

To reiterate: No, Leslie, you are not dense. Yes, Jim, you are lame.
    Wow! I'm surprised that the extended version did not get YANKED! No pun intended.
    I just realized how much CreamPuff's posture in this photo makes her look like she is ready to yank.
    OMG! WAY TOO FUNNY!!!! LOL I tried 47 F water once...thought I was gonna die...and Vlad the Inhaler? yer a f'en genius. LOL
    Thankyou, Mr. Old Dog! I am heading back to Sea Isle City in two weeks for my third annual polar bearing. My twin brother, who lives in Ocean City, NJ, the adjacent beach, said he saw a seal the other day! God only knows why a seal would have climbed onto the beach. It's almost as if it were trying to avoid a predator...
    We (NASTI'S) do a polar bear plunge on New Years Day. I just cannot do it! I think the cold water would stop my heart or something.
    All the craziness on the beach looks like fun.....do they serve refreshments?
    Bobinator,

Who are the NASTI'S? If I had to guess, I would say, "North American Swimming Team of Intrepid' Souls."

As for refreshments, it has been suggested that average human body is 90 percent pure water. But at the Sea Isle City Polar Bear swim, it is more accurate to say that the human body is 90 percent spirited liquids.