View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Thanks goodness for swim buddies with workout ideas

Rate this Entry
I had a nice swim this morning with Debbie from California. The pool was set up SCY. Hereís what I swam:

1000 warmup

3 x 100 pull w/ paddles [Iím still getting used to using paddles.]

3 x (3 x 200 FR/BK halfsie, desc. 1-3) @ 3:10 [3:00, 2:50, 2:43; 2:58, 2:50, 2:39, 2:56, 2:45, 2:37]

100 easy

8 x 50 Kick @ 1:05 [I experimented with doing these FR kick in plank position on my kickboard (board was submerged; I was propped on my elbows). This is a slow way to kick, but helps me think about using my ab muscles to keep the arch out of my spineówhether from mere association with Pilates/Yoga planks or from the demands of being in this position, Iím not sure.]

4 x (3 x 25 @ :30, desc. 1-3) I did these all FR

200 WD

Then I drove up to the land of sweet tea and meat-and-two-sides to have lunch with my folks. I have convinced them to come down to the beach for Christmas, and I have been entrusted with cooking Christmas dinner, even the dressing (this is no small responsibility in my family). Then we will have a bigger dinner a few days after Christmas when my sister and her family visit the land of the boll weevil.

Submit "Thanks goodness for swim buddies with workout ideas" to Digg Submit "Thanks goodness for swim buddies with workout ideas" to del.icio.us Submit "Thanks goodness for swim buddies with workout ideas" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thanks goodness for swim buddies with workout ideas" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments